Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Maggie tune is incredible. For a while I was suffering from reduced gas mileage even at controlled freeway speeds, but I sent it back to Rick and he tweaked it. Now MPG is where it was before, no check engine lights, shiny bright tailpipes. And seriously mean and torquey performance at all speeds.

:thumbsup: Tune :thumbsup: Customer Service

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it Jerry. :highfive:

Waiting for the factory blown LS2 here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Rick, you working on the LS2 tune yet?

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
I need to get the stock power coming from the Maggie. It seems my last dyno a few days ago came in at 374whp and I forget torque. I have exhaust and maggie. I boosted 7psi. The tech said that I might be running lean and the ecu automatically pulled back timing. The dyno was a Mustang Dyno. I guess these Mustang dyno's usually show numbers 10% lower than dynojet and so on. Is this true?

Once I resolve this issue, I'm going Stealth.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Mustang dyno's do have lower numbers than dynojet. Where did you get your Maggie installed? What size pulley are you running?

If you're willing to come to the the SJ area... i know a great dynojet place and i can log your run on EFILIVE... see whats going on with timing, etc.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Dreamin said:
Mustang dyno's do have lower numbers than dynojet. Where did you get your Maggie installed? What size pulley are you running?

If you're willing to come to the the SJ area... i know a great dynojet place and i can log your run on EFILIVE... see whats going on with timing, etc.
I had the Maggie installed at the Tracy Cadillac dealership. I have the stock pulley that comes with the kit.

I'm willing to come to San Jose. Maybe we can hook up sometime next week. I called and left a message for Magnacharger but no call back. I would like to check my air/fuel ratio as well. I really hope it's a simple flash loader/programmer re-install of the software.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Magnuson's tune is on the rich side and fairly conservative.

For the LS2, the tuning software isn't released yet and I need someone to loan me their 2006 V to play with for a while. :D

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
VELOSE said:
I need to get the stock power coming from the Maggie. It seems my last dyno a few days ago came in at 374whp and I forget torque. I have exhaust and maggie. I boosted 7psi. The tech said that I might be running lean and the ecu automatically pulled back timing. The dyno was a Mustang Dyno. I guess these Mustang dyno's usually show numbers 10% lower than dynojet and so on. Is this true?

Once I resolve this issue, I'm going Stealth.
374rwhp seems very low to me (keep in mind, however, I only have experience on a Dynojet).

My initial guess was that you probably have a 3.0" pulley, but at 7 psi, it very well might be a 2.8" pulley. You need to check the pulley. Just open the hood and look at the pulley (essentially) turning the supercharger--it's stamped right on the pulley itself. Look closely--you can't miss it. :thumbsup:

My experience has been that Magna has been great in terms of customer service. Show them your dyno results and that they aren't equalling ~130HP/torque that they advertise and I'm very certain that they will work with you to get your numbers up to where they should be.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Thanks guys for your help. I've finally made contact with someone there. His name is Steve. He seems like a knowledgeable guy. He asked the exact questions about the pulley as you Luna. I'm not driving the car and don't know my pulley size. As soon as I get home I have a few things to do.

1)Email him the Dyno sheet.
2)Check my pulley size.
3)Have the dyno shop check the grams of air per second or something with a scan tool.

After all that, we'll be able to distinguish the cause.

Sorry to Jack this thread. :D

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
lawfive said:
:thumbsup: Tune :thumbsup: Customer Service
:yeah: None better! :woohoo:

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Rick's tunes are OK. I'm still a little miffed that he doesn't fully disclose all the "side effects" of the tune itself.

1. Kills runflats twice as quickly.
2. Annoying tendency to chirp 4th to 5th shift. Scares da' wife.
3. No snap, crackle and pop from the exhaust. I kind of miss those guys.
4. Broken head rests from neck snapping throttle response
5. Had to re-aim headlights as stop light wheelies blind oncoming drivers.

:banghead:

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Hey Rick,
How close are you to releasing the StealthV Injector? I'm looking for a little StealthV magic but need to be able to return to stock when needed.
thanks,
ace

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
The Injector is targeted for March release.

In the meantime, one could go with a second PCM; I've got them on the shelf ready to go.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
CVP33 said:
Rick's tunes are OK. I'm still a little miffed that he doesn't fully disclose all the "side effects" of the tune itself.

1. Kills runflats twice as quickly.
2. Annoying tendency to chirp 4th to 5th shift. Scares da' wife.
3. No snap, crackle and pop from the exhaust. I kind of miss those guys.
4. Broken head rests from neck snapping throttle response
5. Had to re-aim headlights as stop light wheelies blind oncoming drivers.

:banghead:
:histeric:Rolling on the floor points!

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
hey stealth v, when are you going to make a hand held programer...that way i dont have to take my pcm out...hook it up....put your program in it...hook it up to my car somehow...and there ya go...is this possible....i really want that tune done....but i cant get it out...and dont want to ask the dealer to do it..:thehand: stealth tune is all i want for xmas....:yup:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
SBONES said:
hey stealth v, when are you going to make a hand held programer...that way i dont have to take my pcm out...hook it up....put your program in it...hook it up to my car somehow...and there ya go...is this possible....i really want that tune done....but i cant get it out...and dont want to ask the dealer to do it..:thehand: stealth tune is all i want for xmas....:yup:
StealthV said:
The Injector is targeted for March release.
In the meantime, one could go with a second PCM; I've got them on the shelf ready to go.
thar ya go

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
I found out I have a 3.00" pulley on my Maggie. That seems to be the reason why I'm not getting 450whp. We'll still be running other test to confirm that is the reason. I'll update you guys as soon as I can with results.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts