Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best race that i have had, i would have to say, was against this Stealth R/T with Twin Turbo and All-Wheel Drive, with a 6 speed. It was green and i was on 83 going into town when i pulled up next to him at a stoplight. It was a merging lane and i was in the lane that merged. We were sitting at the light and i wasnt sure if this guy was going to race or not, but either way i was going to punch it. So we were waiting and and the light turned green and we both punched it. My wheels spun a bit and his caught on without much spin at all. We were dead even the entire time until the lanes merged together and he wasnt budging so i backed off and let him go ahead. It was such a close race i was so happy with my car. If you check the specs for the Stealth R/T with the Twin Turbo, it has 320+ horsepower and with all-wheel drive. That Stealth was only 1 of the 2 cars that has ever matched me out on the street.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
kgjg8588 said:
The best race that i have had, i would have to say, was against this Stealth R/T with Twin Turbo and All-Wheel Drive, with a 6 speed. It was green and i was on 83 going into town when i pulled up next to him at a stoplight. It was a merging lane and i was in the lane that merged. We were sitting at the light and i wasnt sure if this guy was going to race or not, but either way i was going to punch it. So we were waiting and and the light turned green and we both punched it. My wheels spun a bit and his caught on without much spin at all. We were dead even the entire time until the lanes merged together and he wasnt budging so i backed off and let him go ahead. It was such a close race i was so happy with my car. If you check the specs for the Stealth R/T with the Twin Turbo, it has 320+ horsepower and with all-wheel drive. That Stealth was only 1 of the 2 cars that has ever matched me out on the street.
how old are you. Have you ever gotten a ticket for racing. are you in a rural area. with some of the stories you told me i would be in jail if i raced that much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JJhomer83 said:
how old are you. Have you ever gotten a ticket for racing. are you in a rural area. with some of the stories you told me i would be in jail if i raced that much.

I am 18 and i live in Northern Illinois... no its not really rural, around Gurnee and Zion if youve ever heard of them.. i havent gotten a ticket for racing, but i have gotten speeding tickets....i have had my car for over a year now and i race quite a bit, but i never get caught by cops or anything i know where and when to race, i try to watch myself..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sean McDonald said:
What kind of car do you drive?
I drive a 1992 Seville STS with the 4.9L Northstar (yes, the 4.9L Northstar)... my racing chip had problems, so i am returning it right now, and without that chip it runs 16.38 @ 88 MPH in the quarter, BUT from 0-60 is 5.4 seconds... with the chip in i ran 14.8 @ 95 MPH and my 0-60 was 5.1 - 5.2ish, and yes the chip made THAT much of a difference.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is that without seats, the spare and body panels?

The Xlr doesn't even do 0-60 in 5.1 seconds and why do you call the 4.9 a northstar? It is a completely different engine with a different valvetrain.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
kgjg8588's posts are fictional. And while fiction can be fun, you must not look at him as a source of factual knowledge.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
I want a race chip that takes 1.5 seconds off my 1/4!!!
With my eldo with the 4.9L i put a chip in it and ran 12.1 in the 1/4 (going downhill at a 75 degree slope)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Imagine the 4.9 in the Spec V!!! *SNIFF, SNIFF* Do I smell single digit 1/4's!?!?!?!?!?
I think i would put it on a toro and then you;ll dip in the single digits down hill too

·
Registered
377 Posts
not all the stealths are TT, if it was there 0-60 is like 5 and in the 13's i thought...caddies are no match. maybe it was the NA 222hp one, im sure there still quick with a stick.

are those g-tech times? g-tech always makes people feel faster than they are, both in 0-60 and 1/4 (esp the trap speeds, like 6-8mph off usually)

no track is going to give you a 0-60 time

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Claims a 16.38 with a northstar? Never met one that slow. The SRX is rated at 15.0, along with the DTS, DHS, SLS, STS, ETC, ESC, all but the XLR is Car and Driver rated in the 15.0 range. XLR is rated for 14.1 ish in some. Additionally, he CLAIMS a 14.8. The Stealth TT is a 14.0 or less car. Especially with an even mildly competant driver. And since everyone on the board but this guy know that the Northstar's 2 versions are a 4.6 and a 4.6, no 4.9's I say it'd be easier just to remove the troll. I do know that in 92/93, there was the 4.9 V8, but she was no DOHC motor. Classic pushrod there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
yeah, i called bs on his cardomain page, and he got all pissy and i was like ok.......ive never heard of it, spent a hour trying to find some info of it it and found nothing. its funny no one here believes him too....

his claims are pathetic, first he claims high 14's, which would be more believeable if he didn't say low 5's for 0-60. first off, low 5's and he'd be deep in the 13's, second, no track records 0-60, bs or g-tech, either way its still bs

·
Registered
22 Posts
I say ignore flag until pictures of the DOHC 4.9 otherwise it's all the same b.s bag.

Pictures brotha pictures...with penny :bonkers:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ShadowLvr400 said:
Claims a 16.38 with a northstar? Never met one that slow. The SRX is rated at 15.0, along with the DTS, DHS, SLS, STS, ETC, ESC, all but the XLR is Car and Driver rated in the 15.0 range. XLR is rated for 14.1 ish in some. Additionally, he CLAIMS a 14.8. The Stealth TT is a 14.0 or less car. Especially with an even mildly competant driver. And since everyone on the board but this guy know that the Northstar's 2 versions are a 4.6 and a 4.6, no 4.9's I say it'd be easier just to remove the troll. I do know that in 92/93, there was the 4.9 V8, but she was no DOHC motor. Classic pushrod there.
MY 92 eldo with the 4.9L bone stock ran 16.2 with bad tires and me sucking on the track.

Claims a 16.38 with a northstar? Never met one that slow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can say what ever you want about my engine... i dont care i know its power... plus, the 4.9L only has one cam, the only difference between my engine and the 4.9L is the 32 valves that mine has... the one cam that i have slows it down in the quarter, it has mad torque so it gets everything off the line and just cant run it all the way through the quarter... but keep talking-youve never seen, or heard, of my engine, so how can you even try to say that i am lying when you have no clue yourself?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
39 Replies
11 Participants
Blackout