Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,276 Posts
And you know our weapons legislation over here. So the tow bar is a damn good lifesaver if an idiot needs teaching after insane road rage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
905 Posts
Found the registration license. Max tow is 1600 kg. But apparently there is also some additional structure installed acc. to installation manual. In EU all tow above 750 kg must be with own brake system. Max hitch weight is 75 kg.
Interesting, over here where the car was made all the hitches are rated at 2000lbs. Just looking at your hitch, the manufacturer is not one of the Big Three usual suspects. What model hitch do you have?

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,276 Posts
It’s ACS Systems in the Netherlands. Could be the type approval in EU is different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
905 Posts
The receiver for the draw bar on the US hitches is the smaller of the two standard sizes: 2" and 1-1/4". It seems all 1-1/4" hitches are limited to 2,000 lbs.

What size draw bar does yours have?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just for the sake of keeping the information organized, I am including some links to the different manufacturers that produce hidden/stealth hitches in the states. Again, if you live in the area of the manufacturer, you can likely get a free (or heavily discounted) hitch. If anyone gets one of these installed please share with the community here!

Hidden Hitch - Plymouth, Michigan
Stealth Hitch - Sugar Hill, Georgia
EcoHitch - Kent, Washington

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
Stealth does not offer Cadillac hitches. Neither does EcoHitch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Worthless list of links not applicable to CTS.
I'm not sure why this is considered worthless but maybe I can clear up why I included links to 3 manufacturers of hidden trailer hitches that don't currently provide a solution for the CTS.

What these manufacturers create is dependent upon demand. So if someone approaches them wanting to get a hidden hitch, they will consider creating it. Once it is created, it is often times offered to the public as a product. This helps them make additional revenue off of a product that they already invested resources developing. So they make more money one each additional hitch they sell than they do on the first one. Each one of these websites even invites you to reach out to them if you don't see your vehicle listed. I did contact all of these manufacturers and you can see in the images I attached here that while yes they do not have a hitch for the CTS Wagon listed on their website, that does not mean they aren't interested in creating and selling a hitch.

Considering this thread exists in a community of enthusiasts I thought I could share what information I found regarding getting a hidden hitch on this unique vehicle in hopes that maybe someone lives in the area of one of these manufactures and we as a community could benefit from one person getting a hitch created.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm not sure why this is considered worthless
Because you didn't include any of the information regarding custom-fabricated hitches in your original post. And to be honest, it still has little value as these guys always evaluate the market for said hitch, which is somewhat limited for our cars. And off-the-shelf hitches are already available without custom fabrication.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
I agree with what Lifespeed said. Had you included commentary about the 'custom' fabrication in your original commentary we all would have had a more complete understanding of what you were thinking.

Reactions: Geauxctsv
21 - 31 of 31 Posts