Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'04 CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 CTS. However, theres a static noise that comes from under the passenger seat. This problem is intermentent, so it's not constant and doesn't happen at any specific time. I was thinking that it may be the stock amplifier because it kinda sounds like white noise, but I've looked online, and it says that the stock amp isn't located under the seat. I also don't have heated seats, so it can't be that. Anyone have any ideas, or suggestions how to fix it?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,880 Posts
The stock amp is located in the trunk on the driver's side, just behind the carpet. I must ask, are you sure it's coming from under the passenger seat? Or is possible that you believe it is, but it actually is coming from the passenger speaker? When have you heard this noise, while driving only? How does it go away, on it's own or do you do a key cycle?

KOT

·
Registered
'04 CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure sounds like it's coming from under the seat. It happens when im im park mostly. And it seems to go away when I hit the brake pedal.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,880 Posts
Hmm, the next time you hear it. DO NOT touch the brake pedal. What I want you to touch is the chrome piece on the shifter and act as if you are changing gears. Again, do not press the brake. When you press that chrome piece in, or try to since you did not touch the brake pedal. Does the sound change in volume/tone? Give it a lite press and a hard press, not to hard where you could break it.

The reason why I ask this, is because there is a release solenoid in the shifter. Which is connected via electric wire to the brake pedal. The shifter will not come out of park if this solenoid is not active, via the brake pedal. This is hooked up, mechanically, to the shifter to a point where the chrome piece is blocked if the brake pedal is not pressed in. So with you pretending to shift, the chrome piece will touch that solenoid.

If it does change volume/tone, then you might want to replace that solenoid. Or at least spray it with WD-40.

KOT

·
Registered
Cadillac 2007 cts
107 Posts
It may be possible an electric short or bad connection.Best to remove the seat and inspector this as this can lead to a fire.

·
Registered
'04 CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KOT,

It was doing it last night while I was in park, so I tried to do what you told me. I pressed the chrome piece on the shifter in like you said I should do. It didn't make it stop....

But it's definitely coming from the passenger speaker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts