Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've had this static issue since I bought the truck back in March of this year. I have a 2007 Escalade and there's static when I'm on Aux even without any cords plugged in. For bluetooth it's an isimple isgm751 which uses the xm band, but there was no static on the xm band before the isimple install. The static has always been there for the aux. Cds, dvds, and am/FM are fine. Any one have any ideas? I've checked all the wiring but no luck and even tried to redo the ground.

·
2007 Escalade
2007 Escalade AWD
109 Posts
Curious as to why you would have the input on Aux without any cords plugged in. (I don't have the iSimple)
For me, I get static when i have my RCA to 3.5mm cord plugged in to the truck but not my phone.
I also get static when I have my phone plugged in AND I am also charging my phone.
I bought a ground loop noise isolator with 3.5mm connection which seemed to do the trick for me.
I rarely use it now though. I just change the input unless I'm playing from my phone.

I'm guessing you may have similar issues with the bluetooth adapter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richboy92,

I don't just sit there all day in aux mode with no cords, I'm only speaking in terms of testing as I assumed someone would say it was a possible unshielded cord issue. I have tried a ground loop isolator but with no improvement. I've been tempted to buy another radio but I'd hate to spend $200 for something just for more testing. I've searched numerous forums and the few people who've had similar issues never replied back to say what if anything resolved it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts