Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,342 Posts
somewhat useful. However, the max highway speed limit is somewhat misleading. There are only a handful of tollroads and "loops" where the speed limit is 85. Most are 70-75. Too make matters worse there are places where the speed limit drops from 70 down to 55 in a very short span, and there's often a cop sitting just past the 55 sign. Don't ask how I know.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, one (does) have to pay attention, even in Texas. Did you notice the difference in the various maximum penalties for reckless driving? One is only a hundred bucks and license revocation and a couple others are two years in prison!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,827 Posts
the information is NOT accurate -
Wisconsin highway speed limit is 70 - NOT 65 as listed -

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooh, what a discrepancy! According to safemotorist.com however, and the link I shared above its 65. But I didn’t list the link as an absolute guide to America’s speed limits. I just thought it was interesting to see the variety of each state’s penalties.

·
Super Moderator
6,596 Posts
Oooh, what a discrepancy! According to safemotorist.com however, and the link I shared above its 65. But I didn’t list the link as an absolute guide to America’s speed limits. I just thought it was interesting to see the variety of each state’s penalties.
Assumed wasn't meant to be current. The article is 5 years old.

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,342 Posts
I agree. Interesting the differences in penalties for same offense.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,827 Posts
=============================
Oooh, what a discrepancy!
hey - I'm simply bringing to your attention that YOUR chosen source of information is not accurate -

But I didn’t list the link as an absolute guide to America’s speed limits
really? the title of your post says it all -
State by state speed limit info FYI

I just thought it was interesting to see the variety of each state’s penalties.
I too find that interesting - but you didn't mention anything about that originally -

and as Hoosier pointed out -
this "information" is 5 YEARS old - wonder what else has changed -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts