Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
STS-V 2006
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All

I own a STS-V 2006 with arround 75k miles upon it. it has a problem. when its parked for long duration like for a day or so it starts up fine. and when you turn it off warm and start it up after a few mins or so it cranks long and starts up with some black smoke from the tail pipes. i have changed the fuel filter/regulator and have a new pump and cannister this problem exists before i got all these things . has anyone experienced this problem before please help

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
Re: Starts Hard When Warm. Please Helppppp

Check fuel pressure. Could be high.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Post link to pump.and filter. I'd bet you got what I got, the wrong filter. After changing pump its likely you need to change.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
Some cars have the regulator in the tank, some have it in the fuel filter. If your car has the regulator in the tank and you install a filter with a regulator in it you'll have excessive fuel pressure and the car will run very rich. That's why I suggested checking the fuel pressure.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Is there any way to tell in advance what set-up you have? is it year, serial number specific? how does a dealer know which filter to replace in your car if you take it in to be done?

I am gradually fixing and doing maintenance on mine, oil change&fuel filter are on the list for the next few months.. Been putting off the fuel filter to maybe have done when I go in for the recall, but who knows when that will be.....

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
Is there any way to tell in advance what set-up you have? is it year, serial number specific? how does a dealer know which filter to replace in your car if you take it in to be done?.....
I'm guessing there is a certain serial number cut off that specifies the difference, which is why not all 06-07 cars are getting the recall....

·
Registered
STS-V 2006
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Need a Fuel Filter WITHOUT regulator can any one Suggest one . I bought one from rock auto "Hastings Fuel Filter" but it is bolt on not Clip on so that cant work most probably. please help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts