Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to start building my engine this month next month or next. We’re definitely going to use forged rods and pistons but what can the crank hold on a 2.0? Block hold? we’re going with cams not sure what stage at this point. are there aftermarket exhaust manifolds so we can use a different turbo and what are my fuel options? I have a hard time spending 1400$ on a set of injectors when I’ll run out of fuel pump soon after the stock injectors Peter out. I also kinda want to put a blow off valve and replace the stock divert or valve what’s the point in having a turbo without cool chu chu noises!!

I guess my goal is over 500hp I don’t know if that seems possible maybe I’m crazy but if the internals hold up why not!

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you want to get serious, upgrading the in tank fuel pump and adding a outside aux pump along with some kind of port injection. Even if you paid someone to fab a manifold, it would probably still be cheaper than a cam + big pump + DI injectors. If you already have an aluminum intercooler pipe, you could get something like this welded to the top and route the fuel line from behind the intake to the fuel rail and back. That style setup with a zl1 tank and 1000cc injectors should be good to run a high ethanol mix near or a little past 500 wheel horsepower.

No one has made an aftermarket manifold for any other style turbo. Some vendors have casted their own exhaust housings for various turbos, but they slightly different than their name brand counterpart. Again, if you wanted this it would probably be a one off piece. You could either have a manifold adapter with a wastegate flange fabricated or an entire manifold. Most turbos are not water-cooled so you will also need to delete those components.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to get serious, upgrading the in tank fuel pump and adding a outside aux pump along with some kind of port injection. Even if you paid someone to fab a manifold, it would probably still be cheaper than a cam + big pump + DI injectors. If you already have an aluminum intercooler pipe, you could get something like this welded to the top and route the fuel line from behind the intake to the fuel rail and back. That style setup with a zl1 tank and 1000cc injectors should be good to run a high ethanol mix near or a little past 500 wheel horsepower.

No one has made an aftermarket manifold for any other style turbo. Some vendors have casted their own exhaust housings for various turbos, but they slightly different than their name brand counterpart. Again, if you wanted this it would probably be a one off piece. You could either have a manifold adapter with a wastegate flange fabricated or an entire manifold. Most turbos are not water-cooled so you will also need to delete those components.
My friend was talking about this he wasn’t sure if the port injection from a non direct injection intake would work or even fit but worth looking into. How do we control the auxiliary fuel system? Surely we can’t tap into the injector on that cylinder can we?

Rods and pistons are for sure. I can fab just about anything if I can’t I got a guy that can.
seen a video of a guy thatbuilt his own using a BW s257 the thing was no joke.

I like the port injection idea is there a build thread I can follow?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Look into using a split second controller. It may be possible to find a 4 cylinder engine manifold for cheap and just fabricate a new flange, however it might have some clearance issues. You could try finding an intake gasket from an ltg and comparing it to another ecotec. I have a spare intake I am sending out to hahn performance soon to see if he could fabricate one. He has done them prior with the cobalts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke to a guy in Arizona just now. He assures me he can make a 6l80e work in my car. If I do that it opens up a whole slew of possibilities. I’d love to keep my awd but it’s looking like it’s not going to happen 6l80 awd transfer case is on the left. If I do go LS route I don’t know how the cars electronics will react. Making the engine run and shift will be easy but making abs traction control factory gauges if I can keep the awd or not those will be my issues. I can build just about anything. I. Still doing some research if I can find a t case that can be on The right side of the engine and still work. Something to think about for now certainly different than 99% of the ATSs out there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts