Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac STS
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks mcowden but I'll spent a little and get everything done. The original owner didn't maintain the car that well. It's been a slow night at work so I started playing with the car again. I went and removed the vacum line to the FPR and it started pissing gas out of the nipple, I didnt even turn the key forward. Strange when I checked earlier in the day it was dry, just smelled gas but nothing came out. I don't know how many times I can say this but thanks to everybody again.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac STS
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I brought the car in last Friday and had the FPR and fuel filter changed. It feels about almost 90% better. I was told the IAC motor is sticking because it still surges a little between 750 -1000 RPM at idle sometimes. I also had a Terra Clean done on the motor, when fuel pressure was checked ( car running) was at 35 psi and i read in this thead it should be around 45-50 psi. Does that mean the pump is on the way out? Also can the IAC motor be cleaned because I was told it has to be replaced and cant be cleaned?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
The ISC motor can be taken apart and cleaned. I just posted a link to some pictures for some on but I don't recall what section. It was either Northstar, Deville 85-current or here. It was just yesterday I think and was a topic about idle I believe. Do a little snooping around and you should find it.

35 psi is a bit low. It might be an ailing pump.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac STS
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ranger the pressure was checked before the fuel filter was changed. Filter was pretty clogged up (original fuel filter I think), do you think that would cause a 10 psi drop in pressure? Still cant find your posts about IAC motor still but I'm a little blind looking for posts:eek:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
Well I suppose a really clogged filter could cause a 10 psi drop, however, remember, that there is a sock "filter" in the tank. If the filter was really bad then I would think the in tank filter may be pretty bad as well.

I'll see if I can find the post about the ISC motor.

Ah, here it is. It was in the post right above this one.
http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7605

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac STS
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've been trying to find a price on a fuel pump or even part #. GM parts direct has 2:confused: for a 95 Seville but dont ship to Canada:banghead: . Ac delco doesnt even show a fuel pump for a 95 STS. Is there any other sites that will have a part # and price for my fuel pump.

I also been reading older theads, 1 thead read that 35-45 psi is normal for a sts but I was told it should be 45-50 psi for fuel pressure. Would there be any difference pressures values in older STS's compared to newer STS's?

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
I'm not sure but I think yours is OBD-I

With the key in the on position press and hold the "OFF" and warmer (red) buttons on the climate control center for about 5 seconds. All of the lights in the LED displays will light up when it goes into diagnostics mode. Then it will show all the codes and end with "PCM?" Make sure you have a pen and paper ready to write down the codes before you do this. You can turn off the key to exit diagnostics mode.

If this is not the way, then I am sure it is on this site;
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cadidiag.html#1990-2

Hope this helps.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts