Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other night i drove my 1989 fleet wood for about a half hr and as soon as i shut the engine off i went too restart it and it sounded as if i had a dead battery but everything in the car was bright after dinner when we were leaveing i got in the car and it started as if it had a new battery in it ...is this a bad starter or what and if i let my car sit for more than a day without starting it the battery is dead it was an old battery i put in it but i think it has a bad cell what is ur opinion on questions 1 and 2 please help me:eek:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
If the cables are clean and tight, I'd lean towards the battery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ranger u were correct the battery was the problem now about the idle speed control for the 89 fleetwood are they known for this device too stick at high idle at startup and is there a easy band aid i can do till i get a new one let me know please thanks

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
It will idle a bit high for a few minutes after you reconnect the battery, until it relearns the idle procedure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea caddy i took and WD40 the whole thing and it seems too be ok now i put the battery in mon night and started it it was ok and tues mornin i went out for a ride it was ok then tues night i went too start it cold and it was like that sucker was tacking out about 5 grand it scared the poop outta me then after a while it calmed down and i was able too get it home then this morning i started her and she was high idle also so i wd 4o the whole thing and we will see what happens tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts