Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 STS, My car will start sometimes and then it will go on like a 2-3 day thing where it wont start, then it will fire right up, then ill drive it somewhere and it wont start, and be stranded. I replaced the battery and the cleaned the cabels real good. You wouldnt think that it would be the starter since it works whenever it wants to. Im leaning towards the alternator, because BestBuy hooked my whole system up to my alternator rather than my battery. I tore apart my ignition switch a while back and just redid the wiring so i know its not that. Im thinkn it has something to do with my car system though. I have that whole gas gauge thing too, how to fix?? Also heard someone say something about the fuel rail overheating and then shuting down until it cools, I havent yet been up to Cadillac to get my recalled rail replaced, that could also be it. Where is the ignition switch fuses at? So I can check all the fuses. Any input will be helpful.

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Sounds like BestBuy didn't know what they were doing. Check all your cable connections for tightness, even at the alternator. Have you been watching your battery voltage on the OBD? Monitor your voltage when starting and when driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts