Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 07 cts 2.8 for the past couple days it’s been struggling to turn over as if the battery was low, but it would start. Last night went to start it the car struggled but fired up, filled up with gas, tried to start it. It struggled for like 2 seconds then stopped. & that’s all it did tried & tried to turn over but nothing. Changed battery, now when I turn the key the dash doesn’t light up, only the radio & ac power on, keys stuck in the ignition as well. Scanner won’t connect at port either

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >132k miles
769 Posts
Check the voltage of the new battery. Also check that the battery terminal bolts are clean and tight. If these are good, check that the starter wire is in good condition (at the battery cable and at the starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dropped it off at mechanic. Says he thinks it’s the starter for sure. I got it out theft mode. ( blown fuse ) now that I can try to start it, It only clicks once & that’s it.

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
729 Posts
I have an 07, 2.8 CTS also. Really has been a pretty dependable car, it's the Mrs. She went to the grocery store, and when she came out it wouldn't start. I fiddled with it, changed battery, tried jumping....nothing. I pretty much had the same symptoms as you. Not 100% sure, but I believe I had a security light. I knew if there was an electronic issue, there was not much I could do. So I called AAA and had her towed to my mechanic. Starter was gone at 125K. If I knew that was the issue, I would have pulled it out myself and replaced. But where it's the Mrs. car, and I have four, I knew it would be in my best interest to get it fixed.

Tom

·
Registered
2007 CTS
229 Posts
I have an 07, 2.8 CTS also. Really has been a pretty dependable car, it's the Mrs. She went to the grocery store, and when she came out it wouldn't start. I fiddled with it, changed battery, tried jumping....nothing. I pretty much had the same symptoms as you. Not 100% sure, but I believe I had a security light. I knew if there was an electronic issue, there was not much I could do. So I called AAA and had her towed to my mechanic. Starter was gone at 125K. If I knew that was the issue, I would have pulled it out myself and replaced. But where it's the Mrs. car, and I have four, I knew it would be in my best interest to get it fixed.

Tom
Four cars or four Mrs.?

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
729 Posts
One woman is enough for any man! I have four cars: 94 Fleetwood, 96 Fleetwood, 94 Caprice Wagon and a 01 GMC Yukon XL. Actually four cars is enough also.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts