Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 04 srx with the 3.6 when I start the car it will run for a sec then die then start it again it will run rough for a few secs then clear up and run fine does it more when hot than cold. And also the other day it does when I turned the corner. Any help is much appreciated. Also has a new fuel filter and purge valve

·
Registered
656 Posts
Could be that the throttle body needs cleaning, fuel injectors need cleaning, or electrical connection to ignition coils is faulty, and/or a faulty ignition coil(s).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle body possibly I am going to clean it tonight. But don’t think it’s the coils cause it starts perfect in the morning and when it does act up it will start in the second or third try and stumble for about 30 sec and then clear right up

·
Registered
656 Posts
But it also stumbled on a turn you said right, so to me it could be more than just a dirty throttle body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the car is cold it will start perfect every time. It’s when the car is warmed up it starts and idles real low then stalls then you try a second time and it will start have a low idle for a second then run a little rough but clears right up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts