Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 SRX with the same problem and i need to get to work! Please Help!!
The loose wire in the fuse pannel I think was my thread..it was not starting and key was stuck in ignition.
So check all the wires,relays and fuses, make sure they all have a good connection.
I wouldn't rule out a bad ecu, or just a bad ground somewhere.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,074 Posts
Re: Starting disabled remove key

Let's move your post from CTS to the proper SRX forum. Your other identical posts in several other forums have been deleted.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Take cover off fuse block- near front is large bundle of wires-near rear of that bundle is a large purple wire- with key in run, jump that to battery +; car should start.

·
Registered
06 v6 SRX
491 Posts
That just happened to my daughters SRX on Sat. She stopped for Gas went to start and nothing . When I got there the first thing to check was the battery = 12.6 volts at the battery bolts with a DMM . Then pulled the fuse box cover off and checked between the cable bolt + inside the fuse box and a fender bolt = 3.2v . So the corrosion was between the Battery bolt and the cable connection . Cleaned as good as I could with a knife and put it back together . She was good to go . So I picked up 2-new bolts , wire brush and some battery spray . To be continued !

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

My apologies- had to call of work because of this

----------

Take cover off fuse block- near front is large bundle of wires-near rear of that bundle is a large purple wire- with key in run, jump that to battery +; car should start.
what does that belong to?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Purple wire goes direct to starter bypassing all the relays etc.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Purple line Ground for the fuse array-Multimeter confirmed.:suspect:

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Pinhauler: Thanks did that and borrowed code reader today and after searching around in cold I find the ignition switch is the fault. Wish I had the proper tools-I'd fix it myself. Gotta go to the dealer :mad2:
That just happened to my daughters SRX on Sat. She stopped for Gas went to start and nothing . When I got there the first thing to check was the battery = 12.6 volts at the battery bolts with a DMM . Then pulled the fuse box cover off and checked between the cable bolt + inside the fuse box and a fender bolt = 3.2v . So the corrosion was between the Battery bolt and the cable connection . Cleaned as good as I could with a knife and put it back together . She was good to go . So I picked up 2-new bolts , wire brush and some battery spray . To be continued !

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Started taking it apart....key tumbler out but top cover is stuck. Has anyone done this before-need advice.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
There's 1 Torx screw that comes up from underneath that holds it on.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I Hated doing this in the cold but after 3hrs she's back up and running. Found that the switch was the only issue (Thank God!) History files in the pcm showed P1631 for the anti theft module had a incorrect password which was corrected. I am taking the car to the shop now-going to use a Modus Ultra to make sure any other DTC's are addressed.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

I cannot believe this has happened again!! :rant2:

----------

glake89-this has happened again just 1/2hour ago and had it towed home. Have any idea how to bypass the anti theft system??

----------

Pinhauler, I have the same problem today on the anti theft issue...... got any ideas why this has happened again?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
With the key in 'run', try the purple wire jump to get it started. Then get the codes recorded and then erase them. At least you'll be able to drive it. Keep the jumper in the glove box- just in case.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks - I gotta figure out how to disable fix this issue its been a year since and wasn't expecting to happen again.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Get your codes read with a tool that reads ABS codes.You likely have 'U' codes. The anti theft is probably OK unless you have something magnetic near the ignition switch or your key.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This happened again But I found the issue and I'm posting hopefully to help others in case this happens to you: after having being towed 2 times to the dealer for this I asked the mechanic if the theft Module and the ECM could be the problem (the ecm password). it turned out that the ecm password was never set up correctly with the module and key.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First, Happy New Year - I have the same issue but different. the anti-theft came up in January last year, read the code which was the ignition switch which I replaced it my self thinking that was it, but this past December I had to change it again, so I took it to the dealer, they reset the ecm from a corrupt password- I drove off happy (so I thought) went to work, end of shift it happened again!! This has really gotten under my skin now!! I'm thinking its the module (black ring) that reads the key....... can anyone confirm/help???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts