G
GregorySr
Registered

2005 SRX
Joined Jan 26, 2015
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter • #21 Jan 4, 2016
glake89, you mentioned abs codes....curious on that- please explain.

Reply Quote

[IMG alt="glake89"]https://www.cadillacforums.com/d1/avatars/m/114/114664.jpg?1562749525[/IMG]
glake89
Registered

05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
Joined Aug 15, 2010
·
3,177 Posts
#22 Jan 4, 2016
'U' codes define communication problems between modules, often from poor connections. A scan tool that reads ABS codes will also usually read those 'U' codes. But since you went to a dealer, I will assume ........ that if there were any, it would have been mentioned. But, then again.........

Why not come up here for some sledding and I'll work on it. No guarantees.

Show Full Signature
__

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
Been fixin' cars for 74 years
Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up :fallingover:
Reactions:GregorySr
Reply Quote

G
GregorySr
Registered

2005 SRX
Joined Jan 26, 2015
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter • #23 Jan 5, 2016
glake89 said:
'U' codes define communication problems between modules, often from poor connections. A scan tool that reads ABS codes will also usually read those 'U' codes. But since you went to a dealer, I will assume ........ that if there were any, it would have been mentioned. But, then again.........

Why not come up here for some sledding and I'll work on it. No guarantees.
Wish I could, but just after the new year I dont think I could get that time off. :) One thing did pop up in my mind: on code showed that the password was corrupted the second time when this problem started-could the ECM script/parameters be changed to match the module to the key?? I am Diesel Mechanic and I usually have this problem with 550 Ford and FreightLiner Trucks DTC's.... it usually solve the problem within 15 mins..... just a thought.... :confused:

Reply Quote

[IMG alt="glake89"]https://www.cadillacforums.com/d1/avatars/m/114/114664.jpg?1562749525[/IMG]
glake89
Registered

Joined Aug 15, 2010
·
3,177 Posts
#24 Jan 5, 2016
Done some more searching, some thoughts-
Car is 11 years old, was built when cost cutting was paramount- bad combination.
Several modules are involved with anti theft system; means lots of wires involved.
Intermittent loss of voltage or ground to the system can cause failure.
Intermittents are very difficult to find.
My conclusion- if you can live with the problem by using the purple wire start, for example, do it. Hopefully the intermittent will become a permanent failure and then easier to find and correct.

Show Full Signature
__

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up :fallingover:
Reactions:GregorySr
Reply Quote

G
GregorySr
Registered

2005 SRX
Joined Jan 26, 2015
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter • #25 Jan 7, 2016
glake89 said:
Done some more searching, some thoughts-
Car is 11 years old, was built when cost cutting was paramount- bad combination.
Several modules are involved with anti theft system; means lots of wires involved.
Intermittent loss of voltage or ground to the system can cause failure.
Intermittents are very difficult to find.
My conclusion- if you can live with the problem by using the purple wire start, for example, do it. Hopefully the intermittent will become a permanent failure and then easier to find and correct.
Ok finally fixed - the first two times the ECM wasn't updated so it kept failing so I stayed in contact with the dealership (showing up daily) and they finally got it right.

Reply Quote

glake89
Registered

Joined Aug 15, 2010
·
3,177 Posts
#26 Jan 7, 2016
Good news. I do remember seeing something about some security programming that may need to be repeated, even several times, to get it right but couldn't find it when making above post. Let's hope this is it.

Show Full Signature
__

Reply Quote

G
GregorySr
Registered

2005 SRX
Joined Jan 26, 2015
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter • #27 Jan 11, 2016
glake89 said:
Good news. I do remember seeing something about some security programming that may need to be repeated, even several times, to get it right but couldn't find it when making above post. Let's hope this is it.
Yes it better be-if I have to come back for the same thing, a call to corporate would be fully warranted.

Glake89, you were looking for this:

Recall notice - Reprogram ECM

Reply Quote

glake89
Registered

Joined Aug 15, 2010
·
3,177 Posts
#28 Jan 11, 2016
Don't remember seeing that thread before. Very interesting, however. Thanks.

Show Full Signature
__

Reply Quote

[IMG alt="Mickey d"]https://www.cadillacforums.com/d1/avatars/m/1164/1164146.jpg?1579632852[/IMG]
Mickey d
Registered

Joined 15 days ago
·
1 Posts
#29 15 days ago
GregorySr said:
Re: Starting disabled remove key

Purple line Ground for the fuse array-Multimeter confirmed.:suspect:
i tried that it just truns over but dont run

Reply Quote

[IMG alt="JP Dumez"]https://www.cadillacforums.com/d1/avatars/m/1163/1163207.jpg?1578109633[/IMG]
JP Dumez
Registered

Joined 1 month ago
·
20 Posts
#30 15 days ago
I solve my antitheft problem by totally disable this fonction using a tech2 GM clone diagtool found on the interweb.
And Voilà, no odd alarm sound at night anymore even in a totally deserted place!

Reply Quote

C
CWB
Registered

08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
Joined Mar 8, 2016
·
306 Posts
#31 12 days ago
Micky d - did you turn the key to run when you tried the purple wire trick? If not, it will not start but just turn over the engine. Turn the key to one notch before the starter SHOULD engage, If you have the push button switch rather than a literal key = hold the button in for 10 to 15 sec to get to the run mode. If you hold the button in, it will go to accessory mode first. Keep holding it another 5 to 10 sec and it will go to run mode. Then do the Purple wire trick and it should start. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Show Full Signature
2008 STS 4.6 AWD F55 ACC HUD, 2008 Platinum STS RWD 4.6 F55 ACC HUD, assorted parts cars :)

Reply Quote

W
whateg01
2004 SRX

Joined 4 months ago
·
140 Posts
#32 12 days ago
If you try enough times, it will trigger the security system and you'll have to clear the error on the DIC.

Dave

Reply Quote

[IMG alt="D Krocket"]https://www.cadillacforums.com/d1/avatars/m/1164/1164902.jpg?1580877037[/IMG]
D Krocket
Registered

Joined 11 hours ago
·
1 Posts
#33 11 hours ago
glake89 said:
Take cover off fuse block- near front is large bundle of wires-near rear of that bundle is a large purple wire- with key in run, jump that to battery +; car should start.
I have a 06 srx that won't start, new starter, new alternator, and new battery and it ran find for a few days now nothing when i go to turn the key over, battery reads 12.7 and everything electrical seams to work find but when i try to start the car, nothing, just 1 click fron the starter when i attempted to jump start it with cables and another car...
Any ideas, i heard bad ground possibly and my Mechanic regounded the starter with new cable. I check relays, connections and hours later still stuck in the parking lot, please help, greatly appreciate anything you may think of

1 - 1 of 1 Posts