Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 87 Seville engine kept stalling on me. I just tuned it up and it hasn't stalled since, but in the morning after car has set all night it will start up right away, but if I drive it as far as 6 or 7 miles run into a store or something and come back out the starter drags like there is not enough juice to turn the fly wheel, then all of a sudden it will take off and start up. The battery is fully charged. the alternator is putting out. Does anyone know where I should start trying to fix this problem? Could it be the starter solenoid or would it be the starter? I don't think my 87 has a crank sensor. I sure would appreciate some help.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
It is not the solenoid. If it is cranking slow, it is a weak battery or bad cable or connection.

·
Registered
1993 Eldo 4.9 66K miles
368 Posts
Get a starter draw test done. It sounds as if the starter may be on the way out and pulling too many amps when hot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the starter. I'm getting it rebuilt by M&M generators and starters. They have done work for me before and real reasonable and do a good job. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts