Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Recently Had To Replace My Original Starter On My 97 Concours And The Flywheel Because The Starter Teeth Broke The Flywheel, Replaced Flywheel And Starter With Oem Parts Worked Fine For A Couple Starts The Again Same Problem Could It Be That When Thay Changed My Flywheel They Left Transmission Crooked Or What Anybody Ever Had This Problem Need Help A.s.a.p

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Which engine do you have?
The starter bolts to the engine and drives the flywheel that is mounted to the crank. The trans shouldn't affect it and realistically it's almost impossible to bolt them together "wrong".

Does the engine backfire?
You could have problems inside the engine, like a leaking headgasket.
If the crank starts to spin and a cylinder is full of fluid, like coolant or fuel from a leaking fuel system, the engine will do what we call "hydro lock".
You can't compress a liquid like you can air. If there is fluid in there the engine will STOP. That will blow the nose right off of a working starter.

Does the car run okay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the car runs fine once its on but it idles at stops just a little and like i said i recently had the flywheel changed so maybe they didnt aling the transmission correct wich might be causing the starter to not line up right another question what can cause a leaking headgasket and what can i do to fix it. i have a northstar 4.6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts