Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started thinking to buy a used Cadillac CTS and want to know more about this car.
What other people think of this car?
Anything special I should know before buying a used car?
Where can I buy it in Denver? Any links to share with me?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
I recommend buying CPO (certified pre-owned) from a local dealer. You might pay a little more, but especially for a used high-end vehicle, that safety net (buying used, having a warranty) is nice to have as repairs can be costly (as with most high-end vehicles). It still may be hit or miss; my story was with an '06 STS in which the CPO paid for itself (easily). I still loved the car but glad for the extended warranty. Now when I got my '11 STS (again CPO) I haven't recouped any extra monies I may have paid (but I still have that safety net, if needed).

12,778 Posts
Morenho,
How exciting! f you would like for us to run a search in your area for a pre-owned CTS, send us your ZIP code and a list of any must-have features.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
457 Posts
I bought mine from Rickenbaugh in downtown Denver about a year ago. I love the car and Rickenbaugh was great. I agree with what's been said so far, get a CPO car. The extra warranty is well worth it. A couple things to know. The sunroofs can rattle and make noise and the NAV system updates can be a PITA. I don't have these problems because mine does not have a sunroof or NAV. The DI engine does not get quite as good mpg as people seem to think it should, mine averages about 21-22 overall. All that said, the car is joy to drive. It's comfortable, handles incredibly well and has enough power to be fun. Some people complain about the seat comfort, but they fit me well and I have no complaints. If you like a car that handles great, look for the Performance model. It rides just a bit stiffer than the Luxury, but for me it's well worth the trade off. A good long test drive is a must to make sure this car is for you.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,173 Posts
Get a 2010 or newer if you get the 3.6 liter engine.

Check out www.cadillac.com and look for preowned.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
The thought is that the earlier versions '08-'09 had some issues. The turning point seems to be '10 and later. Some of that may be because Caddy got their act together, and some may be just that those cars are still newer and haven't experienced issues yet.

I have had my '12 coupe just under a year (12k miles). I had one minor issue with a seat belt buckle, but aside from that it has been rock solid.

I love my car.

·
Registered
2011 CTS
35 Posts
I bought a used 2011 CTS "Luxury Performance" sedan in December. It is Raven black has the extended sunroof, nav, Bose surround sound system and the very rare Klingon cloked wood grain package. The sticker says it has the wood grain package but you can't see it so it must be cloked.

I really like this car; It rides well, handles well and it gets 28.5 mpg on the highway. I researched Audi, BMW and Mercedes before deciding on the CTS. I think the CTS looks better than all of them and I believe it will be more reliable.

I miss not having a backup camera but I have ordered the rear moulding with the camera and next month Ritchey Cadillac is going to install it and program it. My experience with Ritchey Cadillac in Daytona Beach has been great.

I bought a CPO model so I have bumper to bumper through 11/30/2015 (or 50K which I won't hit) and the CPO warranty through 11/2017. I like this becasue I typically keep daily drivers for 4 - 6 years.

Good luck.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,173 Posts
Hey, another Sunshine Caddy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts