Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a Sunday off and started stripping stuff down to pull the engine on my '97 Deville to tackle the headgaskets. I am using the alternate (unpreferred) removal instructions pulling it out the top since I am space-restricted. Only problem I have run into so far is that the thin rear AC mount was broken. The AC bolts had been out before but it still looks like the original compressor...probably a previous repair mishap.

Besides headgaskets and inserts, I need to do the rear main seal. Half case seals look good so far but I'll use discretion when it is on the stand.

Easiest removal I have done so far since no bolts have been siezed (yet...)! Unfortunately with my schedule I don't think it will be on the stand until this coming Sunday.

120k BTW.

·
Registered
1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)
1,702 Posts
I am thinking seriously about doing the same to my '97 ETC (144K) How do you plan to repair the block head bolt threads - TimeSerts? Norms? I think those seem better? Do you know if you really need the special tool to install the new rear main seal? What about the flywheel holder? (never needed one on engine jobs on other cars I have done) Maybe we can share the use and cost of some of these and other required special tools? Let me know if you are interested

[email protected]

Richard Moore
Phoenix, AZ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts