Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Maybe STS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I just found this and trying to decide whether I should go for it or not. I havent looked at it in person yet, but just might.

Its an 07 3.6 RWD. I've been trying to find an 08+, but just cant justify the extra costs at this point.

Here is the link (Im in Ontario Canada).

http://www.auctiondirectgta.ca/used/Cadillac/2007-Cadillac-STS-323c93040a0a0064006a150e7ff8cbc5.htm

I cant help but wonder what exact options this car actually has. Its a bit of a drive for me to see it, so I was wondering if anyone has the "insiders advantage" to decode the VIN for me. 1G6DW677970150627

If someone could please post their thoughts that would be super. Many many thanks in advance!

Seems like a fair enough deal, but since it would be out of bumper-bumper warranty, Im a little cautious. Appearently there is approx 9-10 mnths powertrain warranty left, but what concerns me most with these cars is the electronics/gadgets. I will be commuting in this everyday and approx 160kms daily ....all hwy though, so hopefully its not too much of a pig on fuel.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,059 Posts

·
Registered
Maybe STS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since there is no warranty (no CPO in canada), is there anything I can specifically check for regarding wear and tear/electronics/body? (ie. ensure the heated steering wheel works, check for rust spots here, check this.... etc) Or is it just the same as any other car. If I get this thing, I plan to keep it for a long long time and will ultimately end up putting quite a bit of miles on it.

when I was younger I'd treat it differently, but since Im married with kids and other payments, I find myself being extra cautious, I really really dont want to find myself in a money pit. Been looking for something nice and comfy for my daily commute. But still stylish.

thanks again folks.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
The V6 tends to be more problematic than the V8, make sure the oil level is fine/not low (they tend to burn it). Other than that the STS common problems that I can think of are:
- Interior Door handle chrome peel (makes it very sharp and you can get cut)
- Antenna failure for entry (ie the antenna inside the front door outside can become itermitant and fail thus even with the key the car will not let you in as it wont pop the actuator, theres one for the L anf R front door)

You avoid alot of the AWD quarks since its only a RWD model but some of those even have complains of torque converter issues.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
13 Posts
Why not use the sticky thread labelled "CLICK HERE FIRST" at the top of the forum thread listing?

·
Registered
08 STS
90 Posts
Have you tried eBay, there are several of them for sale near or less than the price you show for the 07, although you will have to go on a trip to pick one up, but at least you'll get the opportunity to drive it back home. Here is a link to the 2008 STS only, change it to find the newer ones. Since you live in Canada you might want to give serious consideration to the STS-4, or all wheel drive. The rear wheel drive models definitely don't like snow or ice. I have the 08 STS with the 3.6 DI engine and love it. I disagree about the V6 using oil, I drove mine cross country last October for a total of 5,104 miles and used 1 1/2 quarts of oil, I consider that pretty good. Link:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3841.m39.l1313&_nkw=2008+cadillac+sts&_sacat=

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
13 Posts
I don't put that much in two N*'s between their OLM-measured oil changes; around 20,000 miles of driving. We have 47K on the 2007 & 68K on the 2006.

·
Registered
2008 sts4
14 Posts
The V6 tends to be more problematic than the V8, make sure the oil level is fine/not low (they tend to burn it). Other than that the STS common problems that I can think of are:
- Interior Door handle chrome peel (makes it very sharp and you can get cut)
- Antenna failure for entry (ie the antenna inside the front door outside can become itermitant and fail thus even with the key the car will not let you in as it wont pop the actuator, theres one for the L anf R front door)

You avoid alot of the AWD quarks since its only a RWD model but some of those even have complains of torque converter issues.
just got a 2008 and the driver dooor chrome is peeling off is there any fix for this?

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,059 Posts
just got a 2008 and the driver dooor chrome is peeling off is there any fix for this?
There is a TSB that addresses it...06-08-110-004B but all it says is to replace the door handle. So if you are out of warranty you will have to pay for it.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
I trimmed what I could that was peeling...so nothing was sticking out and could scratch me
Then I used Liquid Nails( clear) over the peeling area and smoothed it down

That was a year ago and all is good

Warren

1 - 12 of 12 Posts