Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a fix for the stalling issue after freeway driving? It happened to me in June and I threw everything at it that others said worked for them. Haven't had any problems until tonight it did it again.

Just hoping cadillac or go has come up with a fix. We've stopped a few times after freeway driving on our trip and all was good until the last stop sign off the freeway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've replaced the cam position sensor (which I had to remove the timing cover to get out), cam accuator, spark plugs and wires, back to back oil change and treated the fuel with sea foam. I bought a crank sensor as well but I couldn't find where it was at so I never got to replacing it.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
Ive heard of people spending thousands with the dealer on trying to solve this to no avail, it is a very uneasy feeling when towing a trailer to know your vehicle may stall, when this happened to me I was getting off the freeway towing my boat, the vehicle stalled pulling up to the pump at the gas station, this had never happened to me before so I had no tools to diagnose, it wouldn't start for about 20 minutes, and hasn't stalled since

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's been pretty sporadic for me. It's done it to me twice but about 6 months apart. Funny thing is on this last trip I drove from Beaver ut to St George ut, pulled off and dropped my brother off at the St George airport and everything was fine. It was about a 2 hour drive on the freeway. Then from St George to logandale nv, bout an hour freeway drive, that's when it stalled on us. Luckily it was close to our parents house so my wife was able to call heron to come pick up her and the kids while I waited in the car till it started again. First time took 3 hours this time it took 2. I thought it had something to do with temperature because the first time it was 106° but the second time it was 32° so I ruled that out.

----------

I am beginning to wonder if gm knows what the problem is but doesn't wanna do a recall because of the backlash along with the whole ignition debacle and everything. Of I were able to I would sell this thing in a heartbeat and get something else. The safety of my family is at risk here. What happens if it stalls in the middle of no where and its 10°? The blankets we keep in the car aren't gonna be enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone come up with a fix to this? This happened to me twice on mother's day, once on the way there and once on the way back. I've been scared to drive my 07 since.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2018 Escalade
581 Posts
What is the weight oil you have in the truck? How long was it since the last oil change. I have heard from old discussions that old oil is not letting things function correctly.
My mom in-law has an Envoy and it has to has the correct weight of oil or it starts going nuts with the VVT.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe, 1999 ETC, 2012 ESV Premium
119 Posts
I've replaced the cam position sensor (which I had to remove the timing cover to get out), cam accuator, spark plugs and wires, back to back oil change and treated the fuel with sea foam. I bought a crank sensor as well but I couldn't find where it was at so I never got to replacing it.
Have you cleaned the throttle body and blade?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've cleaned the throttle body a few months ago. The oil is about 9 months old tho, but it's pure synthetic with about a couple thousand miles on it. I have read a few people saying the oil change was the fix for them but most said it was a cam sensor or cam phase solenoid.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe, 1999 ETC, 2012 ESV Premium
119 Posts
I've cleaned the throttle body a few months ago. The oil is about 9 months old tho, but it's pure synthetic with about a couple thousand miles on it. I have read a few people saying the oil change was the fix for them but most said it was a cam sensor or cam phase solenoid.
Have you checked the other thread on "Stalling when hot?" It's currently on the first page, there were some good answers on that thread. Start with post #25. If the correct weight oil was used last change, I would try a heavier weight oil, like 10w40, but I feel it would be a temporary solution. It sounds like the VVT is getting stuck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you checked the other thread on "Stalling when hot?" It's currently on the first page, there were some good answers on that thread. Start with post #25. If the correct weight oil was used last change, I would try a heavier weight oil, like 10w40, but I feel it would be a temporary solution. It sounds like the VVT is getting stuck.
Yea I read all the threads I could find. I'm going to try changing the cam sensor along with the phase solenoid

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update: I finally got around to hooking up my tech 2 and discovered 2 stored codes: p0523 and p0341. I was actually pretty happy to see these being that there was never a check engine that appeared, and a visit to a local shop pulled no codes. I replaced the camshaft position, camshaft phase solenoid, and the oil pressure sending unit sensors and drove to see my mom which is 2 hours away (this was also the same trip it died three times previously) and no issues. I notice now starting the truck is alot snappier as well as it would often have a prolonged one before with an extended crank, and it idles better. Hopefully this is the end, but if it comes back I'll aim for a performance tune with modifying the vvt in the ecm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts