Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 questions and am looking for some help. this weekend i bought a 92 sts with 85k miles. the engine ran strong all the way home, abt 400 miles but when i started it last night i was idling in the driveway and the car just stopped runnning, i was just outside tonight and it did the same thing. the "system monitor" reports that everything checks out fine but i do not know if there is something that i am missing. it has been raining all day but i would not think that it has really gotten into the engine compartment too much. the car does not seem to be missing and both time when i was driving i did not notice any problems.

my second question is that there seems to be a grinding/humming/rubbing sound coming from the drivers side front whell. the noise is louder when i turn to the left is is considerably better when you turn to the right. i am guessing a wheel hub bearing but am not sure. i am going to take it to a mechanic but wonder if there are any other commen problems? the book shows that the car has gotten all the regular maintenance. i really appreciate any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some additional info is that while i was driving to work this morning i had the cruise set on 64 when all of a sudden it turned off. the car continued to run fine and after a few minutes the cruise worked again with no problems for the rest of the trip, abt 20 miles. before it cut off it did feel that the car was lurching some. i am not sure if that is the norm for the car to maintain the set speed or something else. also how are people able to check codes? i am sure this is a simple easy answer but i have no idea.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ekvisto said:
some additional info is that while i was driving to work this morning i had the cruise set on 64 when all of a sudden it turned off. the car continued to run fine and after a few minutes the cruise worked again with no problems for the rest of the trip, abt 20 miles. before it cut off it did feel that the car was lurching some. i am not sure if that is the norm for the car to maintain the set speed or something else. also how are people able to check codes? i am sure this is a simple easy answer but i have no idea.
Well i don't know too much aboutt your situation but check your diagnostic codes to see what they report. hit the off button and the red (warmer) temp button and hold it will flash and give you codes write them down and post here to get out of the dia. hit the auto button.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i pulled the codes and ended up with
E052 history
E062 history
A048 Current
R026 history
and then it when to ECM? not sure what to do at this point. anyone understand these codes or what needs to be done to correct anything?

eric

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
E052 history PCM Memory Reset
E062 history Cruise - Vacuum Solenoid Problem
A048 Current Low refrigerant pressure
R026 history Driver Initiator Circuit Open

that is what they mean
the 52 code is no problem
the 62 code is no problem and the others im clueless
others will have to help ya sorry man

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Has anyone worked on your dash or steering assembly recently? When you do that, you are suppsed to unplug a yellow connector to disable the airbag which can set R026.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just bought the car but the previous owner did not say anything abt having the dash worked on other then replacing the wood grain, then again, they also did not tell me the the front hub bearing was bad.

·
Registered
581 Posts
vacuum problem?

I am not an expert, but if I were you, I would check the vacuum
problem.

For example, if the vacuum solenoid on the cruise control
occationally malfunctions, it may be possible for the solenoid to
cause a vacuum leak, which shut down your car.

I may be wrong... Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants