Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stainless Works Headers & Random Tech Cats...THE PACKAGE!!

:cool2:
Hey guys! :welcome:
We are a new vendor here to the boards. We are excited to be able to work with a new car, and gain some more knowledge to our already vast array.
Anyway, the long and short of it is that we are a carrier of Stainless Works headers for the CTS-V, and we are an authorized distributor of Random Technology cats and such.
We are offering a package deal of the Stainless Works Headers and Random Tech High Flow Cats. Thanks to Joey'sVee (the tester, reviewer and original poster), we are able to offer this lovely package. Let's get down to details shall we? :hide:
The headers:
2004-2005 Cadillac CTSV headers. 1 3/4" primary tubes with 3" od collectors-headers only. Long tube design makes great power and mid range torque. 3/8" s/s CNC laser cut flanges are port matched to the cylinder head for optimal flow and maxium performance. Will require cutting, welding and fabricating to connect to stock or aftermarket exhaust systems.

http://dezod.com/pd_stainless_works.cfm
The Cats that mate to the Corsa Exhaust:
If you already have the headers and such, Random Technology high flow cats that provide excellent flow while still keeping in mind emissions safety. These are a great bang for your buck, and prove a far worth while mod.

http://dezod.com/pd_random_technology_high_flow_converterctsv_0405.cfm
The package:
Stainless works headers and the cats together!!! The most remarkable value ever. :canttalk:
http://dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_power.cfm
:alchi:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staxxin said:
:welcome:

Paul, will this setup pair with a MagnaFlow catback exhaust system?



Thanks,
John
Please measure center to center of each pipe so we can determine. I would assume they will be VERY close if not perfect.

For more questions or comments, please feel free to call the phone number in the sig

The direct fit for stock exhaust are available too!
 

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
Does this require new O2 harnesses or anything else for the install other than new manifold gaskets
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
This looks like a great package; exactly what I need.

1. Your web site says "cutting or welding is necessary". Can you give some specifics about what needs cutting and welding?

2. I'm also interested in whether or not the O2 sensor extensions are needed and if you sell them.

3. Someone mentioned the possibility of coating the headers, I'd also like to know if that's possible along with a price.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stkshkr said:
Does this require new O2 harnesses or anything else for the install other than new manifold gaskets
We can get the O2 extensions for $20. Other than that....Nothing.

donut said:
What are the estimated HP/torque gains with this package?
Not yet dyno'd by our fitment man Joey on here. He claims noticable mid range and top end.

StealthV said:
Does the package include coated headers? If not, is coating available for $__?
Coating is additional $250 right from Stainless Works

Closer_2001 said:
Please tell me more.
We have direct fit high flow cats for stock manifolds and stock exhaust:

http://dezod.com/pd_random_technology_high_flow_converterctsv.cfm

DrivingAmericanNow said:
This looks like a great package; exactly what I need.



1. Your web site says "cutting or welding is necessary". Can you give some specifics about what needs cutting and welding?



2. I'm also interested in whether or not the O2 sensor extensions are needed and if you sell them.



3. Someone mentioned the possibility of coating the headers, I'd also like to know if that's possible along with a price.



thanks
1. The cutting and or welding would be necessary if you just bought the headers and not the cats. Otherwise, this is a direct fit with the headers and pipes to mate to a Corsa exhaust.

2. O2 extensions are $20, we sell them. They will be added to the package.

3. See above, $250 from Stainless Works directly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
Paul...you are showing my headers on your website that have been JET HOT coated. You may want to use a set that hasn't been coated in the pic or else they may thing they will get what they see in the pic. I agree SW coating will be identical to the JET HOT coating. :D

Guys, I will be getting my V dynoed soon but this is what I can tell you…

This is an absolute must do mod!!! The seat of the pants difference is enormous! If you install the SW headers and RT cats you will love it. You will turn heads when you pass by people! :yup:

Simply said I feel like this is the BEST set up on the V and that price is AMAZING!:thumbsup:

My SW headers came with the extensions so I did not have to buy any extras!

I can't wait for some of you to get this setup so you can help explain to the others just how bad ass it is! :highfive:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joey'sVee said:
Paul...you are showing my headers on your website that have been JET HOT coated. You may want to use a set that hasn't been coated in the pic or else they may thing they will get what they see in the pic. I agree SW coating will be identical to the JET HOT coating. :D

Guys, I will be getting my V dynoed soon but this is what I can tell you…

This is an absolute must do mod!!! The seat of the pants difference is enormous! If you install the SW headers and RT cats you will love it. You will turn heads when you pass by people! :yup:

Simply said I feel like this is the BEST set up on the V and that price is AMAZING!:thumbsup:

My SW headers came with the extensions so I did not have to buy any extras!

I can't wait for some of you to get this setup so you can help explain to the others just how bad ass it is! :highfive:
Gotcha. I know..........working with AL at SW to get some raw ones. Thanks for the review!
 

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
I believe I will be #2 to have this setup, just ordered. I hope that coating is exactly like the Jet Hot couldn't find anything on the internet on Precision Motorsports of Florida. Guess i better order plugs, wires, and gaskets tomorrow. I'll let everybody know how it goes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stkshkr said:
I believe I will be #2 to have this setup, just ordered. I hope that coating is exactly like the Jet Hot couldn't find anything on the internet on Precision Motorsports of Florida. Guess i better order plugs, wires, and gaskets tomorrow. I'll let everybody know how it goes...
You are more like number 4 or 5. These packages are selling like hot cakes. :thumbsup:

Precision was renamed from Precision CNC or something like that.....:thepan:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
I figured they would sell fast. :thumbsup: If these guys could hear and see my setup in person you could sell a lot more. The performance is incredible and the sound is amazing!!! Keep in mind Dave said their lead pipes will be polished so they will look even better than mine. :eek:

For pic of the SW headers not coated go to...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/ss-header.jpg

It really wouldn't surprize me if some guys take their aftermarket headers off to get these.:yup: That price $1275 is what some other vendors charge just for the headers! And the quality of SW and RT is 2nd to none. Those two names are highly recognized by many car enthusiasts!

Oh and :welcome: we are glad to have another supporting vendor!!!:highfive:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joey'sVee said:
I figured they would sell fast. :thumbsup: If these guys could hear and see my setup in person you could sell a lot more. The performance is incredible and the sound is amazing!!! Keep in mind Dave said their lead pipes will be polished so they will look even better than mine. :eek:

For pic of the SW headers not coated go to...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/ss-header.jpg

It really wouldn't surprize me if some guys take their aftermarket headers off to get these.:yup: That price $1275 is what some other vendors charge just for the headers! And the quality of SW and RT is 2nd to none. Those two names are highly recognized by many car enthusiasts!

Oh and :welcome: we are glad to have another supporting vendor!!!:highfive:
Thanks so much for the kind words, review and the pic!!! + rep for you. :cool2:

Anything else we can get for you guys.....let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,496 Posts
Paul -

While I do love my x-piped, 3" B&B full header exhaust...part of me has been wondering about the stock manifolds with just the bolt in RT cats...

What are your thoughts on power differences?

WW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
I have had mine on for a year now and with no problems at all. The only difference I didn't have mine coated. Everything Joey said is right on. It is one of your best bangs for the buck. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wildwhl said:
Paul -

While I do love my x-piped, 3" B&B full header exhaust...part of me has been wondering about the stock manifolds with just the bolt in RT cats...

What are your thoughts on power differences?

WW
Well, it might require a bit of fab work to get the stock manifold to stock exhaust versions to fit on your B&B. I can almost guarantee that the set-up will offer some more increased mid-range and top end. These cats are famous for that reason. :worship:
 
1 - 20 of 160 Posts
Top