Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im driving down the road and the car wants to do an immediate right and the left countersteers for about 1 to 2 seconds. Then light is on for stabilizer its a lil freaky as this car is new to me. U have to hold both hands on wheel as I dont knowwhen its gonna do ot

· Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
3,100 Posts
There is a known problem (GM has a TSB - Technical Service Bulletin detailing it) with symptoms that sound very familiar to what you're describing. I experienced it a few times and it is indeed scary. The problem is caused by a connector under the steering column that can intermittently make contact and supplies info from the StabiliTRAC yaw sensor. When the yaw sensor data is wrong, the car thinks it's rotating and applies the brakes to one side of the car to counteract.

You can have any GM dealership reference the TSB and apply the repair. I might have posted about this about 12 years ago, so the forum's search function may be of help. Start with XLR + StabiliTRAC and the TSB number may show up. I'll check my records but can't promise any additional info.

CC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.