Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I had it serviced after a "Service Stability System" warning popped up a few times. I believe a pigtail was replaced and that was that. No issues until tonight when I was driving down the interstate at about 75 mph, and the front driver's side brake LOCKED UP and threw me into the left lane! Thank goodness there was no one next to me. It only locked up for a split second, but it was enough. The "Service Stability System" warning popped up again, although at that point it should have just said "Pull over and change pants."

Anyway, I'm guessing it's a bad yaw sensor, but could this possibly be a recall issue? That's way too dangerous to not be in my opinion, but what do I know...

Cheers, JP

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS-V
17 Posts
Mine has been messed up since I bought my V last year. I drive around with Stabilitrak turned off, but that is pretty scary.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Erratic operation of the traction control system be from any of several causes including among other things the Yaw sensor, the Steering Wheel Position Sensor, or one of the four a Wheel Speed sensors. (see attached). You can throw parts at it, but if it is creating the risk of an accident I would consider putting in a shop that has the GM TechII scanner required to isolate which sensor or circuit is triggering the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V 2001 Camaro Z28
50 Posts
I thought my steering wheel position sensor was messed up, turns out larger rear tires was the culprit all along.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V LS6
104 Posts
johnny6 said:
I thought my steering wheel position sensor was messed up, turns out larger rear tires was the culprit all along.
I have smaller rear tires and before I had it re tuned the only problem I had was I would hit a bump and traction control would kick in and bog the car down till I would lift. That's pretty scary what you described.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I've made an appt. with the dealer tomorrow. The more research I've done, the more I wonder if it's a wheel speed sensor. I know they replaced on already along with the pigtail for traction control (i believe). Hopefully they can diagnose which one is the culprit so I'm not buying $1000 worth of wheel bearings. I suppose it could be the SWPS, but I'm hoping it's not. I really hate working under the dash. First step though will be getting the proper diagnosis at the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts