Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade esv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here. My family and I are on the road. About 3 hrs into our trip the service stabilitrack sensor message started appearing on my 2007 Esky ESV. It would come and go at random. Just got to hotel for the night. As I'm in the road, currently in the greater Minneapolis area, I don't want to get hung up at a shop for a simple fix. Is this something I need to worry about immediately? I did have the right side ball joints replaced and an alignment in the past few days, could this have something to do with it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
Call Onstar and get the code and google it. Disconnect the battery for 5 min

·
Registered
2007 Black Escalade EXT
355 Posts
I just got the Service Stabiltrac message on my 2007 Escalade EXT. I went by my local Chevy dealer and had it scanned and my RR Wheel Speed Sensor was bad. I went to the parts counter and bought one for $65. I will put it on tomorrow. The technician said it will clear the message when I install the new sensor and the computer sees that it is working.

·
Registered
2007 Black Escalade EXT
355 Posts
Replaced RR Wheel Speed Sensor this morning this morning and Problem Solved. The Tech at the Chevrolet Dealership told me that the usual cause of Stabilitrac problem is bad Wheel Speed Sensor.

·
Registered
2007 escalade esv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speed sensor is a good possibility. I just had ball joints replaced so there's a chance the speed sensor got damaged

1 - 5 of 5 Posts