Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the Pacesetter Headers recently on the car and finally took it for a decent drive tonight. I had the ecu mail in tuned.

At full throttle towards the upper RPM's, the stability management kicks on (despite comp mode or everything off) and makes the car pull to the right. It happens in every gear. And only the nav screen pops up with the message that it has kicked on, no other lights on.

I had to take the steering shaft apart but never turned the wheel or the shaft at all,, to my knowledge, and got it back together without an issue. I'm not sure what else I did that would cause it.

I tried to search it but couldn't come up with anything.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replace the yaw rate sensor.
It's my belief that disconnecting this would stop the stability management from going nuts and just shut all the driving nannies down as the only downfall, correct?

·
Registered
2014 ELR
230 Posts
I believe ABS and traction control will still work. You will have a stability light and DIC message.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I believe ABS and traction control will still work. You will have a stability light and DIC message.
Alright. Just weird that everything was perfect beforehand and the first rip it did it.

No way it could've been the fact I had the car raised in the front as much as the jack stands would let me for 10 days I imagine, right? I hooked up the battery and turned the car on still raised.

Hopeful for an easy solution i guess 😂😂

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
437 Posts
Any chance you have other than stock size tire diameter?

If you stray too far from the stock diameter, this can happen as I learned the hard way.

The best way to diagnose it is via a tech 2 as there are several things that can cause it, the Yaw sensor, wheel hubs, tire diameter not being flashed properly (VSS pulses per mile adjustment for different tire size), wheel hub harness, BPP switch/harness and possibly (my guess) the steering wheel position sensor.

Getting a tech 2 or similarly capable scanner is the best way to avoid throwing cash away and replacing the wrong parts.

A generic OBD2 scanner may not always pick up the swps or yaw sensor.

-Byron

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any chance you have other than stock size tire diameter?

If you stray too far from the stock diameter, this can happen as I learned the hard way.

The best way to diagnose it is via a tech 2 as there are several things that can cause it, the Yaw sensor, wheel hubs, tire diameter not being flashed properly (VSS pulses per mile adjustment for different tire size), wheel hub harness, BPP switch/harness and possibly (my guess) the steering wheel position sensor.

Getting a tech 2 or similarly capable scanner is the best way to avoid throwing cash away and replacing the wrong parts.

A generic OBD2 scanner may not always pick up the swps or yaw sensor.

-Byron
The wheels/tires are the stock diameter. Nothing has been messed with otherwise except for the steering shaft taken apart to get the header in.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
MAYBE a bad connection/connector at the steering wheel position sensor ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts