Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I was commuting home and my stability system was engaged. I was not alarmed, then it did it about every 5 minutes (70 mile trip) I got concerned. I could feel the brakes doing there thing while it was on. I couldn't find anything on this on the forum by searching. It did it just that one commute. My dealer is swamped (New Orleans), literally. Has someone experienced this before? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
Joe
New Orleans

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Joe,

Glad to see the French Market up and going. I was hoping you guys fared well. I dont have an answer to your Q, but just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and yours.

Dave in Cleveland
aka Florian

·
Registered
325 Posts
What tires are you running? I sometime have traction control kick on when driving on the highway with my drag radials in the rear. I think it is because they are slightly shorter than the front tires.

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
Did you recently have any work done to the car. Say, for example, new exhaust system that is vibrating or hitting the undercarrage? I've heard of several people mentioning that such vibrations can "confuse" the stability system.

GT

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Did you get any 'service stabilitrac' or other info on the Nav screen? If so, call onstar, and have them tell you what codes are being thrown.

My Yukon, just got back from the shop, because stabilitrac was kicking in, when it wasn't supposed to. It was pulling the car to the side, and doing 'odd' things with the brakes. The problem ended up being a malfunctioning yaw sensor, that was replaced under warrantee. The service stabilitrac message was showing up in the DIC on my truck also.

I think the bottom line, is unless you have some odd/off sized tires just put on, then you need to take it in for service.

-Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts