Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes. It's an everything or nothing system.

If one is out, it locks you out. My recommendation is remove all 4 and let the system forgot them. It will work of all 4 are inop.

-Byron
Check this out" I had the old wheels an sensors in garage so I think they were picking up the signal..went on a hour trip an like ur saying the car forgot them...going to remove the old wheels from the area an see how that works.

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,798 Posts
Yeah, even if the wheels are off the car, if they're in the vicinity when you start the car, the system might "sense" the sensors and give you full control of the system. But then it might get stupid when you drive away from those sensors. I've never figured out what the timeline is or what proximity is required - seems like it reacts differently every time.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, even if the wheels are off the car, if they're in the vicinity when you start the car, the system might "sense" the sensors and give you full control of the system. But then it might get stupid when you drive away from those sensors. I've never figured out what the timeline is or what proximity is required - seems like it reacts differently every time.
Well they are stored over 30 feet away if that doesn't work I'll take them across town to my dad's storage.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,016 Posts
You are talking about TPMS and Track mode.
If the vehicle doesn't see the TPMS for an extended period of time it Ignore the limits.
What we do is make sure the vehicle never comes within 50 meters of the sensors. To make sure you can learn a set of sensors and then destroy then. You might ask a tire place if they could learn a set of sensors (without buying or installing them) and then driving away. Thectrack mode will be canceled any time the vehicle gets close to a learned sensor.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are talking about TPMS and Track mode.
If the vehicle doesn't see the TPMS for an extended period of time it Ignore the limits.
What we do is make sure the vehicle never comes within 50 meters of the sensors. To make sure you can learn a set of sensors and then destroy then. You might ask a tire place if they could learn a set of sensors (without buying or installing them) and then driving away. Thectrack mode will be canceled any time the vehicle gets close to a learned sensor.
Track mode please teach me more about that..

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,798 Posts
Track mode please teach me more about that..
Pressing the TC button once turns off Traction Control. Pressing the TC button twice puts you in Competition Driving Mode, which relaxes the limits at which the Stability Control System steps in. If you press and hold the TC button on that 2nd press, after a few seconds you'll see Stability Control Off (or Disabled, I can't remember).

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pressing the TC button once turns off Traction Control. Pressing the TC button twice puts you in Competition Driving Mode, which relaxes the limits at which the Stability Control System steps in. If you press and hold the TC button on that 2nd press, after a few seconds you'll see Stability Control Off (or Disabled, I can't remember).
But when I have a tpms light on all is a lost function correct?
Hints byrons all in one comment. Basically if one little thing is missing all is in shambles.haha.

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,798 Posts
What does the tire pressure display show? If all 4 tires aren't showing ---, I think that's when you get the TPMS light. And then yes, you can't change modes with the TC button.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What does the tire pressure display show? If all 4 tires aren't showing ---, I think that's when you get the TPMS light. And then yes, you can't change modes with the TC button.
Passenger right is blank the other 3 are like flat lines..but the passenger from also blinks as well..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Passenger right is blank the other 3 are like flat lines..but the passenger from also blinks as well..
I may have mentioned that I have all new sensors installed (not activated) we could not get the car to activated them at all. This car has and had a ton of gremlins so this is just part for the course.but you all have helped out so much an I cannot express how thankful I am.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts