Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2010 SRX to the dealer for an oil change and tire rotation and on the way home the stabiltrak warning appeared along with the ABS light and stabilitrak light on the display. I instantly thought the dealer did something while rotating the tires so they told me to bring it back in and they would make sure the wire was reconnected? Upon returning to the dealer I was told that a left rear speed sensor needed replaced and was nothing they had done. I took it in today to have the sensor replaced and shortly after pulling out of the dealer the warning light came back on! I immediately went back to the GM dealer (not a cadillac dealer) and they had no idea what to do next! This is beyond frustrating! Now I have to take the car back this week so they can talk to cadillac about the issue! I purchased the SRX last October and it currently has 75,000 miles. Has anyone had similar issue? I spent $187.00 today for a part I didn't need! HELP!!

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Find a new dealer and call Cadillac Customer Service and let them know your other service department doesn't know what they are doing nor road test a vehicle before giving it back to the customer after a repair.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
SRX
146 Posts
The issue wouldd be the tone ring on the hub bearing the speed sensor picks up signal if the tone ring has a piece missing it will turn on both lights.
When they hook up code reader to find fault it will show a speed sensor for that wheel I had the same problem and had hub bearing replaced for that
wheel. The ring is part of the hub bearing and this is a common problem with SRX's I replaced 3 Hub Bearings already the speed sensor they replaced
only cost about 25.00 for the part so the Bill was a little pricey. Don't use AC Delco parts on this Bearing since they are made in Mexico they don't last
I use a Timken Bearing for Replacement

12,776 Posts
I took my 2010 SRX to the dealer for an oil change and tire rotation and on the way home the stabiltrak warning appeared along with the ABS light and stabilitrak light on the display. I instantly thought the dealer did something while rotating the tires so they told me to bring it back in and they would make sure the wire was reconnected? Upon returning to the dealer I was told that a left rear speed sensor needed replaced and was nothing they had done. I took it in today to have the sensor replaced and shortly after pulling out of the dealer the warning light came back on! I immediately went back to the GM dealer (not a cadillac dealer) and they had no idea what to do next! This is beyond frustrating! Now I have to take the car back this week so they can talk to cadillac about the issue! I purchased the SRX last October and it currently has 75,000 miles. Has anyone had similar issue? I spent $187.00 today for a part I didn't need! HELP!!
Hello smachen,

I apologize for the frustrating experience you have dealt with. I would be happy to provide an additional layer of assistance from my end if you could please PM me your VIN, dealership name, and personal contact information. Once I have this, we can discuss your options going forward.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium w/Nav
8 Posts
My SRX is in service for very same issue, told me it was the tone ring on the rear left Hub! $485 to fix!

-RL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts