Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.5 Luxury Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 ATS 2.5 Luxury Sedan with only 35K miles, and twice I've had this same issue. The stabilitrack light comes on (this morning while I was just sitting at a stop light in traffic on my way to work) and then the car sputters and dies. While it is sputtering, there is a very strong fuel odor. I pulled over, turned the ignition off, opened and closed my door, and waited a few minutes for the computer to reset. Then I tried to start it. It tried to turn over several times, but wouldn't start. The 2nd time I tried to start it, the same thing happened, so while it's trying to turn over this time, I smash the gas pedal to the floor and the car starts right up, and the fuel smell starts to dissipate. The check engine light came on and stayed on, but the car seemed to be running fine again, so I drove it the rest of the way to my office. The last time this happened was several months ago. I had my repair tech just reset the check engine light and the car ran great up until today. Any ideas as to what this problem might be? Everyone I talk to is stumped, including my Cadillac dealer service tech.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Amber

1 - 2 of 2 Posts