Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1993 sedan Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a sarch on the 1993 Deville SSS light and after 20 pages of searching/reading ,I was no better than when I first started.

The car SSS light on and it also is very hard to turn the stearing wheel at parking lot speeds(turning into a parking spot at a crawl). I Did read a post and was wondering if they where connected. Any help where to look first would be very helpfull.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1993 sedan Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
anyone?

The SSS light is on and I did hear the compressor come on but would only last a second(came on twice). No blown fuse that I can see .I think there might be a maxi fuse some where,not sure where. I did read in one of the many posts that it might be something to do with the stearing too. Not sure.

Mike

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
My car does not have an SSS telltale information center light. Please explain SSS and are you complaining about a steering-system problem or an AC system problem?

·
Registered
1995 FWB 128,*** miles
2,255 Posts
SSS - Speed Sensitive Suspension. On my car it is called CCR - Computer Comand Ride. Your "automatic" struts failed. That means they switched to "manual" operation (stiffer one). Not a big deal. You can replace them with regular struts.
Power steering problem seems to be not related. Make sure your serpentine belt does not slip.
See also this article:
http://www.samscars.com/gf10.html

·
Registered
1993 sedan Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my owners manual it sss means Speed Sensive Suspension. While looking through other posts some people say it mean Speed sensitive Stearing. I just wanted to know if my light SSS has anything to so with the stearing wheel being so hard to turn at 1 mph?I did find the gm bulletin on removing the pink wire the get rid of the sss light. Or I will just remove the bulb.The compressor that I was talking about was a air compressor that was in the engine bay. I thought it was for the air ride.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
My 92-93 FSM quote in the chapter for Computer Command Ride refering to the telltale IP signal states "(Service SSS applies to vehicles built in 1993)" GM just LOVES to confuse the issue don't they tho???

this CCR module is a computer located under the driver's seat. Diagnostic codes are available but not thru the normal OBD route.

If this info is desired, I can post it after my lunch . I'll check back in about an hour from now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts