Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
I've been real anxious to test drive an SRX ever since I saw a bunch of parked ones in Illinois. They look great imo
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
LOL, actually I normally don't test drive alot of cars. but my lease is up on my SLS soon and for the first time I really dont know what i want. So over the last few months I've pretty much test driven every car $45k+ there is. Its been rather exhausting and I'm still no closer to an answer.
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brett said:
LOL, actually I normally don't test drive alot of cars. but my lease is up on my SLS soon and for the first time I really dont know what i want. So over the last few months I've pretty much test driven every car $45k+ there is. Its been rather exhausting and I'm still no closer to an answer.
Get a beamer 745... and if you want an SUV, get an EXT.

I definitely want to test drive the XLR, not that I can afford it...
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
Starting 2 months ago I've test driven:

LS430
GX470
LX470
540
745
X5
E500
S430
Escalade
DTS
Cayenne
Toureg
A6
A8

If you have any suggestions please feel free to tell me :)
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brett said:
Starting 2 months ago I've test driven:

LS430
GX470
LX470
540
745
X5
E500
S430
Escalade
DTS
Cayenne
Toureg
A6
A8

If you have any suggestions please feel free to tell me :)
What is your top 3 right now?? I love the look of the 745's, jawdropping. But then again, if reliability scares you how reliable was your SLS and will you be leasing your new vehicle or purchasing?
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AirJigga25 said:
What is your top 3 right now?? I love the look of the 745's, jawdropping. But then again, if reliability scares you how reliable was your SLS and will you be leasing your new vehicle or purchasing?
You could of course be one of the first people with the SRX...
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
Right now my top three would have to be:

745
X5
SRX

Keep in mind I've only seen the SRX never driven, so it could fall out of there quick.

My SLS has been very reliable, i had one warranty repair in 35,000 miles.

I will definitely lease my next car. Mainly for the advantageous tax benefits thru my company.

My wife wants me to get an SUV, if it were up to her it would be X5, up to me 745, so we'll see how the SRX is and go from there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
Brett said:
Starting 2 months ago I've test driven:

LS430
GX470
LX470
540
745
X5
E500
S430
Escalade
DTS
Cayenne
Toureg
A6
A8

If you have any suggestions please feel free to tell me :)
I drove a FX45 and loved it. You might like it too.
How did you like the Toureg? It's gotten a lot of good press. I would stay away from the GM trucks. Depending on the outcome of my latest trip to the GMC dealer, we maybe dumping the Denali VERY soon. I've always disliked the GM trucks, eventhough I was always a diehard GM buyer. The few I've had experience with were trash. They don't hold up over time. The drivetrains aren't too bad but the chassis suck.
Our Denali promised to be a "win you back to GM" vehicle. I REALLY wanted to love this truck. Unfortunately, it has proven to be no better than past GM trucks I've had. Damn shame really. This thing spends more time in the dealer than my driveway it seems. I really think the problem is twofold;
1. Poor choice of materials and poor assemblies cause this truck to squeak, creak, and rattle terribly.
2. GM doesn't REALLY want to provide a "LUXURY" car feeling in their trucks. Dealers do everything but come right out and say "come on, it's a truck" when you complain about comfort/convenience issues and noises.
The next question is who makes the best FULL-Size SUV?
I might look at a Navagator but really think I'm gonna head over to Lexus. I want a truck that can do "truck stuff" and still provide a quiet and solid luxury car-like ride.
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
Yeah, the FX45 and Q45 are basically the last ones on my list, I just havent gotten down to that dealer yet, basically because its the farthest away.

I'd like to stay with GM because I've always been a GM man, but they are making it hard to do that.

The Toureg was great, I'm sure it will be a huge seller for VW. The interior is a bit busy, but in materials and style it is way ahead of GM. When you consider the price of the Cayenne the toureg becomes a real bargain as well
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The next question is who makes the best FULL-Size SUV?
I might look at a Navagator but really think I'm gonna head over to Lexus. I want a truck that can do "truck stuff" and still provide a quiet and solid luxury car-like ride.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Tahoe fan...just because my buddy has a 2001 Tahoe and I loved driving in it..
 

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
Brett said:
Are the post centered for everybody?


It seems that way.


Never mind....its gone now.
But the smilies aren't working.
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brett said:
Right now my top three would have to be:

745
X5
SRX

Keep in mind I've only seen the SRX never driven, so it could fall out of there quick.

My SLS has been very reliable, i had one warranty repair in 35,000 miles.

I will definitely lease my next car. Mainly for the advantageous tax benefits thru my company.

My wife wants me to get an SUV, if it were up to her it would be X5, up to me 745, so we'll see how the SRX is and go from there.
I would go with the 745 because it is by far the coolest looking car I've seen, very nicely styled, great interior, and if you're leasing it...It can't hurt you because you'll be under warrantee if anything mechanical goes wrong. I've driven a 2001 X5 and while I liked the interior features, but I wasn't that impressed with the driving experience. But then again, I think the newer model x5's are much different and I didn't drive the bigger engine model.
Damn, you have a very desirable dilemna on your hands...Let us know what you pick!
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
Forgot, I did test drive a Navigator as well, and it does have some cool gizmos(automatiac rear door, retractable running boards). But I didnt like it overall, the interior was nice to look at, but the materials were pretty subpar, and compared to the escalade it had no power.

Full size I'd go LX470, its costs a bit more, but that disadvantage is erased when you trade it in.
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
Damn, you have a very desirable dilemna on your hands...Let us know what you pick!
Thats what my wife tells me, basically to stop whining and pick a car. Because basically they are all pretty good.

The X5 I drove was a modified one with an estimated 320hp, 282 is stock i believe. So a regular X5 might not be as fun, but this one was alot more exciting to drive than the 7
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brett said:
Thats what my wife tells me, basically to stop whining and pick a car. Because basically they are all pretty good.

The X5 I drove was a modified one with an estimated 320hp, 282 is stock i believe. So a regular X5 might not be as fun, but this one was alot more exciting to drive than the 7
which one cornered better? ha
I don't know why, I don't like SUV's in general compared to sedans because I can't get used to the height and I feel like they're going to tip on me.
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
I'm definitely more of a sedan guy myself. The only thing I like about SUV's is the ease of getting in and out. AWD is pretty useless in Tampa. There have been some times recently where i could have used the extra cargo space, thats mainly why I've been looking at SUV's at all, plus my wife likes them alot.

It started to rain a bit when i drove the 7, so it was hard to get true X5 vs. 7 comparo
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top