Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 srx
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased here in the uk what is alleged to be a 2009 srx. However i tried checking the vin 1GYEE637670174761 which came back as a 2007. Rwd. Its definitely awd drive shafts all present and correct. Only owned 4 weeks and already been back to garage 3 weeks of the 4. Rear caliper seized and struggling for part's. Reading all the tales of woe on this forum have i done the right thing?. Or get rid a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
148 Posts
I bought an SRX in Italy that was advertised as 01/2006. It's actually a 2005 model (built in September 2004) that was first registered in January 2006. I see that a lot in car listings here...a month and a year. I kind of understand. There would be a big difference between a car that has been driven 16 more months (the difference between build date and first registration), especially early in its life.

But our car has been very reliable. We've owned it since November 2013 and I've only had to replace the brakes. I suppose, as with all cars, time will tell whether or not it was a good purchase.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
687 Posts
Not sure about units shipped outside USA but the ones sold here have the month and year of manufacture on a sticker on the driver door near the latch assembly.
As for the vehicle, I'll say what I always say: it's a great concept, nice size, fine layout and performance.
But if your vehicle is out of warranty coverage, and you don't do your own repairs, you better escrow a significant amount each month for a repair fund.

·
Registered
2009 srx
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no remote start. no heated steering wheel. car has 36000m bought at local honda dealers. rear left brake was sticking and on short journey to work was very hot. being sorted under warranty but they are struggling for parts. owned 4 weeks not seen for 3 lol. had american stuff years ago repairs not a prob. just after reading things on this forum is a bit of a worry. seems like a clown car bits falling off as you drive. should i change my name to crusty?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts