Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRX (sold) 2017 XT5 Dark Granite / Jet Black
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SRX will be back in 2016 !

I just had a quick look in the 2016 Cadillac Order Guide and SRX will be back in 2016. Absolutely no change with 2015 model except for the assist pedals that will be only available and standard for performance and premium models. No new color for 2016. The new XT5 will be unveil at the LA Auto Show next autumn and it will probably be as a 2017 model.

2016 ATS, CTS and XTS will get a new 3.6 L motor (335HP) with a new 8 speeds automatic transmission and 3 new exterior colors. NA-DA for the 2016 SRX!

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum Stellar Black Metallic/Maple Sugar
670 Posts
If true, disappointing. I was pumped from rumors that the 2016 model would be Gen III. The lease on my 2013 is up in December. I'll have to decide whether to lease a same oh same oh 2016 for a couple of years (while lusting for a Gen III) or figure out another plan. Timing is everything and I guess mine sucks.

Roy C

·
Registered
2015 Premium Silver Coast / Brownstone
104 Posts
I would be very leary to lease or buy a first year car from Gm , not that Ford is much better. The sales manager at the dealer I deal with has told me that there are still to many issues with first year models. ATS was terrible for this , CTS he tells me only somewhat better.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD
70 Posts
Re: SRX will be back in 2016 !

I just had a quick look in the 2016 Cadillac Order Guide and SRX will be back in 2016. Absolutely no change with 2015 model except for the assist pedals that will be only available and standard for performance and premium models. No new color for 2016. The new XT5 will be unveil at the LA Auto Show next autumn and it will probably be as a 2017 model.

2016 ATS, CTS and XTS will get a new 3.6 L motor (335HP) with a new 8 speeds automatic transmission and 3 new exterior colors. NA-DA for the 2016 SRX!
Any idea who is the maker of the 8 speed? If it is the 8 speed used in CTS Vsport then it is made by Aisin of Toyota, I tried one of those shifts are crisp and precise.

·
Registered
04CTS, 07STS,10 SRX,Now 13 SRX Premium and 13 ATS Premium
118 Posts
My 2013 lease is up in February next year. I was concerned about the 2016 being a whole new design. After my 15 warranty visits with my 2010 SRX I am very shy about first model year vehicles now!

·
Registered
'13 SRX4 Performance
251 Posts
If true, disappointing. I was pumped from rumors that the 2016 model would be Gen III. The lease on my 2013 is up in December. I'll have to decide whether to lease a same oh same oh 2016 for a couple of years (while lusting for a Gen III) or figure out another plan. Timing is everything and I guess mine sucks.

Roy C
It seems lately that lease promotions on the 1st year vehicles aren't very good (CTS & Escalade for example). My wife's '13 SRX is up in August 2016, but I'm hoping for a pull ahead this December to get either an Escalade or Denali if the lease deals are right.

·
Registered
SRX
146 Posts
I have a 2010 SRX and still have problems these cars are made in Mexico no quality at all nice design that is about it it will be paid off in December
and will not buy another GM car.

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Yea, that 8 speed in the new CTS' is very beautiful. Such a nice transmission.

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
It seems lately that lease promotions on the 1st year vehicles aren't very good (CTS & Escalade for example). My wife's '13 SRX is up in August 2016, but I'm hoping for a pull ahead this December to get either an Escalade or Denali if the lease deals are right.
Pull aheads are over. GM sold Ally.

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
Who need 8 speeds....more stuff...more stuff to break.
Better gas mileage, for one thing. Be interesting to see how much better. We used to think back in the '70s that sticks got better mileage because of the weight reduction. Nope, mostly those old 3-speed autos were gas hogs at highway speeds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts