Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
Welcome back to dinner table conversation at the Donovan House.........but seriously, umm yeah, seems a little far-fetched
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
OMG, guys what is so hard to understand.. that SRX has a 4.6l 320 hp northstar engine under the hood.... and i am prety sure that the car could reach that speed....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Reasons why it is fake:
1)its a forum that includes turbocharged inline 4s which could lead to ricers
2)The SRX, no matter how much power, is still a BRICK
3)I was just down in the Miami area this summer, and believe me, there is NO room to do more than 90 for that long. JEEZ!! "We were doin 130 for about 20 min"-BA BA BA BS!!!" Too much traffic, even at 3 am, when I was there at least.
4) Roads aren't exactly the racing type. i.e. sometimes narrow verry complicated even for 70
5) An SRX keeping up with an SRT-4? If that guy drives as good as he lies, its fake. SRX 0-60 is about 7 sec. SRT 0-60 is under 6. Yes this was a 100+ mph race, but all the more reason to believe it is fake because he has a turbo which works up high and the SRX, again, is a brick. (SORRY!)
6)Sal, put in the BS flag smiley
7) Last one, WAY TOO MANY COPS AND TOLLBOOTHS DOWN THERE!!!! ITS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
03EscaladeAWD said:
Oh, and no offense about calling it a might-be ricer forum :)
Nah its cool. I'm there to keep the peace between the SRT-4 community and the Spec V community. So far I'm doing a pretty good job since we are currently planning our first SRT-4 and Spec V meet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
03EscaladeAWD said:
Reasons why it is fake:
1)its a forum that includes turbocharged inline 4s which could lead to ricers
A little generalization, don't you think?
03EscaladeAWD said:
2)The SRX, no matter how much power, is still a BRICK
Yeah, a brick that has been tested to top out at over 140, not the mention all speedo's have some amount of error in them at those speeds.
03EscaladeAWD said:
3)I was just down in the Miami area this summer, and believe me, there is NO room to do more than 90 for that long. JEEZ!! "We were doin 130 for about 20 min"-BA BA BA BS!!!" Too much traffic, even at 3 am, when I was there at least.
Everyone exxagerates kill stories.
03EscaladeAWD said:
4) Roads aren't exactly the racing type. i.e. sometimes narrow verry complicated even for 70
And I suppose you know where he was on I-95?
03EscaladeAWD said:
5) An SRX keeping up with an SRT-4? If that guy drives as good as he lies, its fake. SRX 0-60 is about 7 sec. SRT 0-60 is under 6. Yes this was a 100+ mph race, but all the more reason to believe it is fake because he has a turbo which works up high and the SRX, again, is a brick. (SORRY!)
An AWD V8 SRX has hit 60 in under 7 seconds before, 6.7 in fact. Not to mention, it could have been a RWD version which would be even faster. Keep in mind that he did indeed say that he was a couple cars ahead of the SRX, but his point was that it wasn't disappearing from his mirrors like he expected.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
bcs296
Top