Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys you helped me out when I left my CTS and went to SRX..now im looking at the STS....my major issue is this...how is the sts in snow, ice. etc...i live in new york, westchester county and my srx is awesome in the snow its a awd model. is the awd same in sts or diffrent.....let me know tell me what you guys think...ps..what color should i get..lol

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado ETC (Z); 2006 STS V8 AWD (1SG)
17 Posts
I also went from a V8 AWD SRX to a V8 AWD STS last year. I also live in Westchester County NY. The STS is a 2006 model but has the OEM tires. My wife drives the car daily (I have the 97 ETC) and I really don't have much confidence in the STS in snow more than a few inches deep. I remember driving the SRX in 1 or 2 inches of snow when the tires had 15K miles on them (same as fitted to my STS). The ABS and traction control engaged very often and I felt the tires weren't up to the task of driving in snow. I still feel the same way. My Eldorado has Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires and I feel these tires are much better suited to driving in snow that the Michelin Pilot HX MXM that came with the STS. I've read similar comments on this board from others.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado ETC (Z); 2006 STS V8 AWD (1SG)
17 Posts
I meant to say the STS and SRX both had Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires, the all season high performance touring tires.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
631 Posts
I have an 07 STS4 and had no problems in snow in Mich. Only problem I see is if it gets to deep. Lets face it, when the body drags in the snow its going to stop. I don't see any tire solving that problem. Main problem is it's a car, not a SUV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts