Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
10 SRX
405 Posts
It's not so much worried about getting reimbursed, its the process... A while back when I was having problems with my SRX shifting the Cadillac Dealer wanted $1800 up front to take the transmission out of the car to see what was wrong with it. Not being born yesterday I took it to AAmco and they replaced the TCM for $1200 and I was on the road the next day. So since I already have issues with my local Cadi dealer I called our local Chevy dealer to see if they could do the repairs. They seemed much friendlier, looked up my car with the Vin # and said the order was just for the left lens? My question is, is this something preordained? I don't want to give a dealer $160 to tell me only one light gets repaired, both lens's clearly have condensation! foggy lens.jpg

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
640 Posts
Warranty frowns on doing two at a time, the claim may get suspended or even rejected. I did mine one at a time, one month apart.

·
Registered
10 SRX
405 Posts
Warranty frowns on doing two at a time, the claim may get suspended or even rejected. I did mine one at a time, one month apart.
What? haha? How many days were you without your car and how many trips back and forth considering the len's are always on back order?

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
640 Posts
What? haha? How many days were you without your car and how many trips back and forth considering the len's are always on back order?
No backorder. Mine are the HID lights. The car was there for other things anyway, it was no problem.Besides, I work at the dealer in service, a Chevy dealer.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
640 Posts
Well, I pulled my car into the shop to have the trans looked at for a flare up between shifts sometimes, so, I have to pull up the VIS prior to any warranty repairs, and guess what it showed...
Warranty Block: HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY LT, | Advise customer that warranty claims are blocked. (Effective Date 3/4/2019)
Warranty Block
Code Description Effective Date
LT HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY 03/04/2019
Block Transaction Types:
Blocked Labour Ops:

I guess this means the headlight replacement/re-imbursement is done outside the warranty system.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
397 Posts
GM and Cadillac have been really stupid about this headlight thing. This just proves it.

And on mine they wouldn't even replace it under warranty. I sealed mine up with silicon but to this day the condensation on the one side comes and goes. That was almost three years ago now too.

Steve

·
Registered
SRX
146 Posts
I Live in NY I received Letter I don't trust it my 2010 SRX was a problem from day one beside Headlight issues 3 Radios 3 Sets of hub bearings leaking sunroof drains corrosion on hood lower control arms emission system problems etc... I bought aftermarket headlamps brand new 350.00 pair installed them myself never had a problem that was 5 years ago. Cadillac is not a stand alone luxury brand anymore they are mixed in with chevrolet I just bought a New Infinity QX60 SUV what a Difference

·
Registered
2013 SRX PERFORMANCE, ICE WHITE
538 Posts
Yesterday I took my letter and went to the dealer to see what they had to say. Found out that vehicles with HID lights seldom have a problem.

George

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my 2010 SRX headlights 6 months ago at a cost of $829.09. That included OEM replacement parts for $607.16 (both full lenses). Replacement installation was $175.00 at my local Tuffy Service Center (not a Cadillac dealer - who wanted $1650 for the job). So my OOP was $829.09 which I have now submitted as my reimbursement claim with GM. Claim submitted on 3/27/2019. Awaiting reply from Cadillac - will let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
10 SRX
405 Posts
Well, I pulled my car into the shop to have the trans looked at for a flare up between shifts sometimes, so, I have to pull up the VIS prior to any warranty repairs, and guess what it showed...
Warranty Block: HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY LT, | Advise customer that warranty claims are blocked. (Effective Date 3/4/2019)
Warranty Block
Code Description Effective Date
LT HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY 03/04/2019
Block Transaction Types:
Blocked Labour Ops:

I guess this means the headlight replacement/re-imbursement is done outside the warranty system.
If your trans is out of warranty you may want to take it to AAmco. Chances are shifting problems are related to the "Transmission Control Module." The Caddi dealer wanted $1800 up front to take the trans out of my car enable to tell me what's wrong with it. AAmco knew the problem immediately and replaced the TCM for less than $1k.

·
Registered
10 SRX
405 Posts
Yesterday I took my letter and went to the dealer to see what they had to say. Found out that vehicles with HID lights seldom have a problem.

George
I don't believe this is the case at all. The problem I'm having is with moisture getting into the lens, this would be a problem no matter what bulb is plugged into it. The moisture is what's causing the bulb failure.

·
Registered
srx
11 Posts
I have 2011 SRX in PA, this will be my last Cadillac, I have 105k miles, my SRX uses 3-4 qts of oil between changes, headlights are bad, the wheels are peeling and corroding, I have replaced, 4 sets of brake pads, all rotors, front strut mounts and sway bar links, wiper transmission, 3 wheel bearings, alternator, rear shocks, and rear hatch struts. I like the SRX well enough but its getting too hard to keep up with the repairs, interestingly I have been looking at the QX60 to replace it.

·
Registered
10 SRX
405 Posts
I have 2011 SRX in PA, this will be my last Cadillac, I have 105k miles, my SRX uses 3-4 qts of oil between changes, headlights are bad, the wheels are peeling and corroding, I have replaced, 4 sets of brake pads, all rotors, front strut mounts and sway bar links, wiper transmission, 3 wheel bearings, alternator, rear shocks, and rear hatch struts. I like the SRX well enough but its getting too hard to keep up with the repairs, interestingly I have been looking at the QX60 to replace it.
I'm guessing you bought it used with over 100k miles on it. Most of these items will go bad on any used vehicle if it wasn't taken care of. Don't know what is wrong with your lights you didn't really explain, Wheels have a inexpensive plastic clad cover that you can replace all 4 for around $100. I'm not sure how you could go through 4 sets of brakes but if you did you probably do need rotors the third or fourth time around. I'll give you the strut mounts, sway bars and wheel bearings at 100k, I needed those too. But rear shocks and hatch struts probably will go bad in 8 years no matter what vehicle. What bothers me the most though is the use of 3 or 4 qts of oil between changes. I have 118k and don't use a single drop between changes, this is why I think you may have purchased a used vehicle that wasn't cared for. (possibly the original owner didn't change or used the wrong oil?) My girlfriends daughter bought a new Chevy SUV and didn't even look at the oil stick for about 3 years and was pissed off when her car seized up. Her excuse was she thought the onboard computer would tell her and it never occurred to her to check or change it, haha. Funny thing is, GM allowed her to return the car as a Lemmon. Anyway good luck with your Infinity, maybe they will be a little more compassionate when you complain on their web site.

·
Registered
srx
11 Posts
I bought it with 22k miles on it from a Cadillac dealer, we changed the oil every 5k, more frequently than the DIC indicated we had to. The headlights leak and have condensation in them, I could fix them but its a pain, they were never that good even before the water started leaking in. The first repair, shortly after the warranty expired was the AC condenser for $1k. The wheels are painted and clear over aluminum and the clear coat is coming off. Those plastic covers are aftermarket. None of the wheel bearings have failed, all of them had speed sensor failures. I dont really have a complaint about the brakes or shocks, all the pads I put on it were OEM pads, I also replaced the rotors twice with OEM rotors, but they really only needed to be changed once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, I am in NY and received the letter. It is base on where the car was originally sold. My local dealer did not know anything about the letter. They checked it out and called me back. They ran the VIN and my SRX was sold in CA. I have not seen any reimbursement yet either. I upgraded to HID bulbs, and have a replacement set of lights to install too.

·
Registered
10 SRX
405 Posts
I bought it with 22k miles on it from a Cadillac dealer, we changed the oil every 5k, more frequently than the DIC indicated we had to. The headlights leak and have condensation in them, I could fix them but its a pain, they were never that good even before the water started leaking in. The first repair, shortly after the warranty expired was the AC condenser for $1k. The wheels are painted and clear over aluminum and the clear coat is coming off. Those plastic covers are aftermarket. None of the wheel bearings have failed, all of them had speed sensor failures. I dont really have a complaint about the brakes or shocks, all the pads I put on it were OEM pads, I also replaced the rotors twice with OEM rotors, but they really only needed to be changed once.
1st post:
So basically the only thing you are complaining about is what? ...This is nothing like your 1st post...

·
Registered
2010 SRX, Luxury
14 Posts
What happens if you never received any letters from GM about my 2010 Cadillac SRX headlight? And I live, and bought it in Florida.

·
Registered
10 SRX
405 Posts
What happens if you never received any letters from GM about my 2010 Cadillac SRX headlight? And I live, and bought it in Florida.
I'm not sure if this has ever been determined... I know I filed a complaint with GM AND Lawyers that were doing class action suits against GM last winter. I haven't taken it in yet because well... I wanted to hear more positive experiences since I really dont trust them to begin with, haha. I know when they looked at my vin number it had a note to replace the L Headlight. I don't know where they got that info but I sure don't want to be stuck paying for the R Headlight!

41 - 60 of 256 Posts