Cadillac Owners Forum banner
201 - 220 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
They are unfortunately not specific, but implied that they would cover actual costs involved.
OK Tim, so just what does the key word "implied" mean?

My dealer told me that I had to first pay up front, and then hope that Cadillac will reimburse me enough for ONE headlight after they reviewed the expense. So I'm not willing to fork out over $3k, and HOPE they will return $1.6k.

As I keep saying, the NHTSB should force GM to recall the SRX models involved, and do it at their expense just like any other SAFETY issue. Cadillac & GM are actually hoping for more owners like myself that say, the heck with this reimbursement fiasco. Because GM then looks at it as $$ saved.

I purchased my SRX from a Ford dealer, so do you think they were going to disclose that it had a dim headlight issue? So when I sell, or trade my Performance SRX do you think I should mention the dim headlight issue? Please don't bet on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I took my car in to the Cadillac dealer and they quoted me $1485 to have both assemblies replaced. But I did have to pay for the parts up front ($1039). When they arrive they will call me and I can make an appointment to have them installed for the Balance of $446. Should be 3 weeks or so.
That is under the $1600 cap, so that's good.

·
Registered
2011 SRX Turbo
72 Posts
OK Tim, so just what does the key word "implied" mean?

My dealer told me that I had to first pay up front, and then hope that Cadillac will reimburse me enough for ONE headlight after they reviewed the expense. So I'm not willing to fork out over $3k, and HOPE they will return $1.6k.

As I keep saying, the NHTSB should force GM to recall the SRX models involved, and do it at their expense just like any other SAFETY issue. Cadillac & GM are actually hoping for more owners like myself that say, the heck with this reimbursement fiasco. Because GM then looks at it as $$ saved.

I purchased my SRX from a Ford dealer, so do you think they were going to disclose that it had a dim headlight issue? So when I sell, or trade my Performance SRX do you think I should mention the dim headlight issue? Please don't bet on it.
To quote the letter,
"Customers do have the opportunity to seek reimbursement for repair expenses above the CAP if they have a reasonable explanation and supporting documentation. This is expected for vehicles originally built with HID headlamps."
I believe that the cap was originally designed to prevent reimbursing too much when certain dealers charge above MSRP for parts. Since they were initially only considering reimbursements for halogen lamps, the cap was set at $800 each.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This surfaced in a SRX Facebook group. I blacked out the owners information, VIN, etc. But it looks like GM is FINALLY caving and reimbursing/fixing headlight issues!!!!!

See attached paper, someone suggested it was Geo-fenced to certain states, I don't care personally. I'm walking into my dealership with this form and demanding reimbursement.
I walked into my dealership today with the papers sent to me. I have a 2011 SRX and was quoted $3200 to replace both headlights. I’m from Louisiana.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in CA and got this letter from my old SRX ( I now have an XT5). I had taken my car in previously about the headlamps and they fixed them, probably around 2011. It was way over $1600 total.
I gave those records away to the new owner when I sold the car and my dealer says they don't have records that far back. I called the number on the letter and they had no idea what I was talking about. SMH. Not sure what to do now.
I have filed for a reimbursement but months later I have yet to recieve one. We have since moved and I am hoping you still have that phone number. I have no record of what I sent in for the reimbursement. It would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
614 Posts
First off there is no such thing as a "blank claim form" There is only pre-populated info on it.

Here's the address they list on the letter:
Cadillac Division, GM LLC
c/o Analytics Consulting LLC
PO Box 2009
Chanhassen, MN 55317-2009

The phone number listed is for the Settlement Administrator. Call them for questions about the form. 888-305-1605

Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have filed for a reimbursement but months later I have yet to receive one. We have since moved and I am hoping you still have that phone number. I have no record of what I sent in for the reimbursement. It would be much appreciated.
Wait..... You didn't save copies of your completed form and documents proving the work was done? Oops... That's documentation 101... Considering sending my claim form in certified with signature required so I know they got it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has received information from Cadillac regarding their "Headlamp Claim for SRX Models". I find it offensive that Cadillac expects for SRX Owners to not only make an appointment to "see if their headlamps" were damaged by moisture, but also to pay for all expenses up to $800/headlamp for one headlamp ($1600 for both), then submit to the 3rd party administrator and eventually be reimbursed. This item should be a recall item and the work to diagnose and repair/replace should be borne completely by Cadillac. SRX Owners should not be expected to pay for a defect and eventually be reimbursed. The dim headlamps are a safety issue that can lead to accidents.

Please feel free to comment on this!

Thank you!
Does anyone have the paperwork as to how to file? This is
Ridiculous
I agree with you 100% This is a manufacturing defect. Owners should not have to absorb costs of any kind!
I am dealing with this now. I cannot believe the way they are handling this. I had to have my Q screen replaced at the same time. Of course, both are out of warrantee, so cost over $3,500 today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off there is no such thing as a "blank claim form" There is only pre-populated info on it.

PO Box 2009

The phone number listed is for the Settlement Administrator. Call them for questions about the form. 888-305-1605

Steve
I called the above number yesterday (expect some time on hold) and they are sending me a replacement letter and form. The date for submission has been moved to June 30.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2013 SRX with very dim headlights. I do not drive at night because it looks as though no lights are on. I have ordered and paid for my headlamps at a Cadillac dealership over 6 weeks ago. They initially told me the parts are on back order. As of today, I still do not have my parts or car fixed. Every time I call the Cadillac headlamp call center or the dealership, I am being told they are still on back order. The expiration date to get this fixed according to Cadillac is May 28,2020. I need help!!!!
I, too am in the exact same boat as you. Although, I didn't pay for mine upfront due to the letter stating that it releases them from any liablity. I ordered mine in March & still on back order. I've been told that my claim date has been pushed back to June 30, 2020 now. This is so frustrating! This is a safety issue & should be a recall!!!

·
Registered
SRX 2011
2 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has received information from Cadillac regarding their "Headlamp Claim for SRX Models". I find it offensive that Cadillac expects for SRX Owners to not only make an appointment to "see if their headlamps" were damaged by moisture, but also to pay for all expenses up to $800/headlamp for one headlamp ($1600 for both), then submit to the 3rd party administrator and eventually be reimbursed. This item should be a recall item and the work to diagnose and repair/replace should be borne completely by Cadillac. SRX Owners should not be expected to pay for a defect and eventually be reimbursed. The dim headlamps are a safety issue that can lead to accidents.

Please feel free to comment on this!

Thank you!
I paid for the cost of the replacement, I got the letter from Cadillac, submitted the invoice from the dealer?
Never heard back from Cadillac?
NEXT STEP?

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
614 Posts
PO Box 2009

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking through my letter for any "gotchas" I noticed a few things that concern me:
1. Specific verbiage under the What You Should Do section reads "or covered covered parts purchased elsewhere...."
Does that mean we can buy aftermarket headlamps online and have a body shop perform the work?
2. On the back page under To Request Replacement of Headlamps it reads "If you request a diagnosis and or replacement you will initially need to pay the dealer.......and submit dealer repair order..."
That brings me back to number 1 above....so this HAS to be bought and performed by ONLY a dealer or can we use a private body shop? I'll be calling them tomorrow again to see if I can finally get through, but wondered what everyone here thinks. If they haven't fixed the flaws in the headlight assembly with the dim issue, then I see no reason to buy a GM branded part when an aftermarket part costs half. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well for what it's worth, my suspicions were correct. No one but a Cadillac dealer can perform the work UNLESS it was done prior to receiving your letter. In my case, hadn't had it done so it'll cost me roughly $300 net if they return the $1600. And yes, parts are on a nationwide backorder thanks to the Chinese virus crap.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX Performance
2 Posts
Not quite. The letter refers to two coverable conditions. The second condition ("dimness issues caused by reflectors") applies to halogen only, but the first condition ("moisture-related issues") applies to all 2010-2015 SRX headlamps. Cadillac did confirm with an earlier poster that HID headlamps do qualify.
Would you happen to remember who that poster was? I went to the dealership and they told me the HIDs weren't included. Thanks.

201 - 220 of 374 Posts