·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DTS
80 Posts
Hello - i'm a tad confused: will a body-style-change occur for '16 or '17 ...i clicked on the link supplied in a reply -the px of the 'new' SRX showing in that link (name has been changed) didn't look all that different from current SRX.... Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Neither of those links show pictures of the new design.
GM hasn't released squat on previews of the new design. There will be two wheelbase sizes for the platform that the new SRX/XT5 will sit on, but the SRX/XT5 will most likely get the short two row wheelbase, and the Traverse, Acadia, Enclave will get the 3 row long wheelbase platform variant.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The AutoGuide articles are a bit confusing. The 'headline' of the second link says the XT5 'may' be available in two different wheelbases while the text of the article says "the XT5 will be available with two wheelbases".

Personally I hope the text is correct because there are times I find the 'luggage space' of my SRX to be a little less than I would like. Something between the SRX and Escalade would be perfect for me - as in a Cadillac Acadia.

·
Registered
2010 DTS
80 Posts
So will we have to wait for 2017 for the new ''SRX'' (whatever it will be called) or will it appear for the model year,2016?

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
So will we have to wait for 2017 for the new ''SRX'' (whatever it will be called) or will it appear for the model year,2016?
Just my guess, it will appear around July 2016 as a 2017 model, if you are tempted remember all of the problems with the 2010 new design SRX before you write the check, maybe wait for the 2018 model.

·
Registered
2010 DTS
80 Posts
Just my guess, it will appear around July 2016 as a 2017 model, if you are tempted remember all of the problems with the 2010 new design SRX before you write the check, maybe wait for the 2018 model.
-------------------------------------------
Yes! i'm reading about the '10 problems - also remember the SRX then only had the 3.0 w/o much 'pep' -that was only reason we didn't buy it !!! but you make a valid point ...i love the current SRX design and wonder if we'd make a
mistake buying a 'discontinued' model -although it's all so 'personal'...no one can really advise one what to do (unless one has a crystal ball). We have driven the current '15 SRX AWD and i loved it. Also, if the 'new' SRX ends up looking like a cookie-cutter of all others then i'm not so sure what i'll do about a choice. We almost thought about the MB 350 GLK ('15) but DH thought it too 'boxie'' but it did handle nicely (RWD) & he might have overlooked the 'stance' (i like it) ..unfortunately the MB dealership (only show in our town) stated the vehicle was in 'high demand and to act quickly''... opps...wrong attitude with DH ....he ran the other way with me on his heels - LOL Our local Caddy dealership is very professional and excellent to deal but we're still
sitting on the fence.
Again, all these companies are producing ''clones' of each other lately...so i guess it boils down to 'ride/seat
comfort (don't get me started 'there' ), easy egress... maybe i should just order a cloud with wheels? LOL... All of this is just my 'opinion' of course .... thanks and have a great day !

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX, Crystal Red
28 Posts
Just read an article that stated the XT5 will show up in the fall of '16 as a '17 model . And possibly in 2 wheel bases .

·
Registered
SRX
12 Posts
The Captain's reply is good. Just 2 notes from what I've read
1) Articles about the new different looking 2015 XT5 choose to illustrate them with pictures
of a '14 or '15 regular SRX. "Editor said I gotta put in a picture . . . "
2) There will be a 2016 model year SRX. The 2017 will be really different and called XT5. I know my '15 SRX got 1 USB port instead of 2 in the center console and lost the SD Card reader. 2016 likewise loses stuff, I noticed that movable pedals included in my FWD Luxury '15 require you step up to
Premium in the '16 model. I love Cadillac, but such nickel-and-dime "de-contenting" (Orwellian word)
could become annoying.

Hello - i'm a tad confused: will a body-style-change occur for '16 or '17 ...i clicked on the link supplied in a reply -the px of the 'new' SRX showing in that link (name has been changed) didn't look all that different from current SRX.... Thanks in advance
----------

Not quite on this topic, but i shopped for my SRX at a Buick-Caddy dealer. I drove an Enclave and sat in Buick LaCrosse, Encore, and Verano. The Encore way too small, the Verano very luxurious but a small trunk. While Enclave was nice and has huge cargo capacity (but no 4G LTE in '15 model), I really felt like I was driving a bus -- and I'm a guy who's coming from Mercury Grand Marquis, '69 Sedan DeVille etc. For my first SUV or Crossover, the real big ones would have been too clumsy, SRX just right size -- although the luggage space is just barely enough, owing to the sharp styling which I love but it cuts off the roofline unlike the Acadia or even Chevy Equinox. Happy with my SRX.

The AutoGuide articles are a bit confusing. The 'headline' of the second link says the XT5 'may' be available in two different wheelbases while the text of the article says "the XT5 will be available with two wheelbases".

Personally I hope the text is correct because there are times I find the 'luggage space' of my SRX to be a little less than I would like. Something between the SRX and Escalade would be perfect for me - as in a Cadillac Acadia.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts