Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
ya know i never really considered the importance of this car/truck/wagon/suv/whatever to Cadillac, but if they are gonna regain the luxury lead from lexus this may have to be a top seller, lexus is No.1 and their no. 1 vehicle is the rx300

Attachments

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brett said:
ya know i never really considered the importance of this car/truck/wagon/suv/whatever to Cadillac, but if they are gonna regain the luxury lead from lexus this may have to be a top seller, lexus is No.1 and their no. 1 vehicle is the rx300
Cadillac is rakin' in beaucoup bucks with the Escalade. And that's just a rebadged GMC with a prettier face. It'd be nice if the SRX became popular as well.

The RX300 (being replaced with the RX330) owns like 28% of the market in it's segment.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
what the srx really needs is the engine from the syclone/typhoon...then id be first in line with checkbook in hand

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brett said:
what the srx really needs is the engine from the syclone/typhoon...then id be first in line with checkbook in hand
Dude! I like that!

What about a twin turbo version of the current inline V6?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
the Sandman said:
Dude! I like that!

Hopefully thats the kind of thing we will be seeing in the future..probably not from the factory...but their are plenty of tuners out there...im sure john lingenfelter cant wait to get his hands on a cts-v

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
WOW...that article sucked halfway thru it had me believing he would be fine. well i hope he comes out of it....jeeesh that was a downer

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
the Sandman said:
Dude! I like that!

did you see that article about gm's twinturbo powered trailblazer made with all in-house parts

twinturbo trailblazer

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Wow. Terrible article.. I hate to hear that. That's such bad news.. He was almost back. I hope he turns out okay... That article certainly leaves me to believe the odds are against him.. I hope the doctors are wrong...

Otherwise.. I've been hearing good things about the SRX as well.. Cadillac makes great-looking automobiles.. If the SRX is in direct competition with the Lexus, it'll do well if it can hold up like Lexus's products can...

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Devil_concours said:
did you see that article about gm's twinturbo powered trailblazer made with all in-house parts

twinturbo trailblazer
Yeah, I did see that. Cool concept but a bit thin in the performance department. I say if you're gonna go twin turbo then go 500+horsepower :cool:

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Devil_concours said:
0-60 in 5.3 isn't that thin in the performance department
True enough, but this is a twin turbo concept vehicle and the 4.2L inline 6 is supposed to be very responsive to forced induction. The turbos were only running at 8.5 lbs of boost. My stock Typhoon with 12 year old technology could match or beat these numbers.

I like the concept - I'm just saying that since they were going through the trouble they could have made it hotter. The stock '91 Syclone had a 0-60 of 4.6 seconds.

BTW, disregard *any* article that refers to the Syclone as a *Cyclone* - an unacceptable error :D .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
5 Participants
the Sandman