Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it was rumored not too long ago that the SRX won a Car and Driver magazine comparo....well the rumor is true!

4: VW Toureg V8 (171 pts)
3: Infiniti FX45 (184 pts)
2: Porsche Cayenne (185 pts)
and 1 with 189 pts:

:burn:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Thats really awesome. I seem to be the last subscriber on earth to get their magazine

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I finally got my issue yesterday. Basically, they said that where the others may have shined in one or two ways, the SRX is good or near great in EVERY category. I would agree. Overall its nice to see a no. 1 go to Cadillac

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
They had some strange rationale for certain vehicles not being there. Mainly the BMW lost to the Touraeg in a previous comparo, so there was no need to include it here. Then they point out that the BMW was a I-6 in the last test, which is why it probably lost to the touraeg......which really doesnt explain why they didnt have the new 315hp X5. The most logical explanation is that there werent any, the factory in South Carolina only switched over a week and a half ago, this article would have had to be done before that, so no X5.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Brett said:
They had some strange rationale for certain vehicles not being there. Mainly the BMW lost to the Touraeg in a previous comparo, so there was no need to include it here. Then they point out that the BMW was a I-6 in the last test, which is why it probably lost to the touraeg......which really doesnt explain why they didnt have the new 315hp X5. The most logical explanation is that there werent any, the factory in South Carolina only switched over a week and a half ago, this article would have had to be done before that, so no X5.
there is always next month and other magazines that could put the SRX and the new X5 in the arena..head to head...wow!

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Even if the SRX doesn't beat the X5, it's still nice to know it's competing in the same league.. Cadillac has come a long, long way...

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Even if the SRX doesn't beat the X5, it's still nice to know it's competing in the same league.. Cadillac has come a long, long way...
Thats totally the point. The fact that Cadillac is here competing and winning is awesome. The fact is even if head-to-head in a magazine the X5 won, these 2 cars are basically equal. With slight differentiations that appeal to certain people. The SRX is a great step.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Imagine that... Cadillac and BMW on a level playing field. It hasn't been that way in a long, long time.. I've always liked Cadillac styling best over all the luxury car companies.. Now they're performing just as well...

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Too late i bought a lexus LS430, which of course is completely unlike the SRX or the X5...Im thinking the SRX would be better for the wife, probably next summer. Im gonna see how resale plays out on it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Woa, an LS. How are those refrigerators in the backseat? lol those things are serious luxury. Its a $60,000 Maybach.

·
Registered
23 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Motor Trend chose the VW! :bonkers:
The discussion of its reasons in Motor Trend makes it clear that off-road capability was an important issue for Motor Trend, and rightly so in considering SUV's.

SRX is not intended for off-road.

Different criteria=different result.

That is not to say SRX is perfect. It isn't. The distance from the seat to the ground is too long. The interior is decidedly plain for a car this expensive. The proportions of the body are odd. So Touareg might have won anyway. Still, Motor Trend's analysis is decidedly not what SRX was built for.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade AWD Lux
108 Posts
Here is the old link...for 2004 Test

Fourth Place: 2004 VW Touareg V-8
Third Place: 2004 Infiniti FX45
Second Place: 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
First Place: 2004 Cadillac SRX V-8

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/13424/2004-cadillac-srx-v-8.html

BUT here is the 2007 Test :

Eighth Place: Land Rover LR3 HSE

Seventh Place: Volkswagen Touareg V-6

Sixth Place: Volvo XC90 Sport

Fifth Place: Lexus GX470

Fourth Place: Mercedes-Benz ML350

Third Place: BMW X5 3.0si

Second Place: Cadillac SRX AWD V-8

First Place: Acura MDX Sport

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/12676/2007-cadillac-srx-awd-v-8.html

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
The Acura MDX is a very impressive SUV - so I can understand how it could place better than the SRX. Still, this is very impressive for Cadillac - especially since many people can't get past the odd looks of the Acura.. Cadillac might see more sales as a result of this report than Acura.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The Acura MDX is a very impressive SUV - so I can understand how it could place better than the SRX. Still, this is very impressive for Cadillac - especially since many people can't get past the odd looks of the Acura.. Cadillac might see more sales as a result of this report than Acura.

I wish that were true. The SRX keeps winning awards, even after 4 years on the market. To come in second against all that newer competition is remarkable. Sales are flat though at about 17,000 for 2007. The new interior didn't do much more than slow the decline.

But as we all know, the SRX's days are numbered. The 2009 will likely be it's last model year for this great vehicle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts