Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moderator edit: 7 posts from 6 different dead threads have been merged into this one thread on the same subject.
UPDATE WITH POST**
The cadillac srx 2016 does not have a liftgate pump, spoke
directly with genuine cadillac gm customer service, the 2016 srx cadi actually has tailgate pull down motor that supercede the liftgate pump. The dealer did false report, of course i believe the customer service direct from genuine cadillac gm versing the dealer. The gm customer service sent the proper diagram, and instruction of the location with the part. I'll post photo of installing but here is the diagram for anyone that is having the same issue.

*The module operates opening and closing of the trunk, if the Cadi trunk doesn't open you'll need to replace the module, and if the trunk doesn't lift/close auto, you'll need to replace the tail gate pull down motor.

Disappointed, i brought this to get diagnosis from a certified cadillac dealer, they have state of the art technology, they have the most up to date technology but couldn't even check the vin # which is the proper procedure of every dealer, that's the first thing they do is check the vin# of the automotive before service/repair. If they had checked the vin # there wouldn't of done false report, this cad doesn't even have the part that's in the diagnosis report.

Tailgate Pull Down Motor - GM (23294346)
OEM GM Tailgate Pull Down Motor For 2016 Cadillac SRX

Module

Tailgate pull down motor

PEOPLE THAT OWN CADILLAC SRX 2016 THE ITEM BELOW IS THE INCORRECT PART FOR THIS CADI.

This was A great help! Anyone know where the Hydraulic liftgate pump is?

I know where the module is, I already did the module. Where is the liftgate pump?

This was A great help! Anyone know where the Hydraulic liftgate pump is?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tom! That looks like oil/rust water. I have A Cadillac SRX 2016, and just observing the photo the modulator is something connected with the hydraulic liftgate pump... I'm assuming it's the wire going left of the modulator, left and is behind the foam. When I figure out where this liftgate is in the SRX 2016, I'll do A video/photos of replacing the defective lift gate pump.

*I found the best way to clean up oil/rust water is dish washing detergent, that stuff is effective when cleaning up oil.

On a side note. No water, but it looked like molasses spilled by the pump. I wiped some up with paper towel, but it was too sticky. Anyone else have that kind of stuff back there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cloth, hot water and dish washing detergent!

Cloth, hot water, and dish washer detergent!

Definitely not rust water. It is very sticky, so if its oil it would have to be oil that was cooked down A LOT!
I can clean it up easily, but not by just wiping with paper towel.
I’m guessing it’s the wires running from the modulator that’s connecting to the Hydraulic lift gate pump. I’m thrilled I did this, I can give my Cadillac A proper cleaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,325 Posts
Sugaisan, yours seems different than Tom's. His has the pump right there with the two hydraulic hoses coming off the top and curving up and over to the side. Your pic only shows a module and wires. Unless you removed the pump and then took pics?

Max

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it could be because mine is 2016, the location might be different... but I'll figure where this lift gate pump is and keep everybody posted. I'll post photo/video of replacing this defective pump.

Sugaisan, yours seems different than Tom's. His has the pump right there with the two hydraulic hoses coming off the top and curving up and over to the side. Your pic only shows a module and wires. Unless you removed the pump and then took pics?

Max

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
1,160 Posts
now is the time to drill a few 1/4 inch holes under the pump and module, (they cant be seen from underneath,) paint the holes with rustoleum this will eliminate the water in the well issue that destroys the pump and module - there is probably 50 posts on this issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The water in the well isn’t my Cadillac’s issue; It’s ongoing criminal investigation by the way.

now is the time to drill a few 1/4 inch holes under the pump and module, (they cant be seen from underneath,) paint the holes with rustoleum this will eliminate the water in the well issue that destroys the pump and module - there is probably 50 posts on this issue

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,325 Posts
It’s ongoing criminal investigation by the way.
Please, don’t give any corrupt famous communists detective any idea, he cause enough unnecessary problem.
What the hell are you talking about? Jokes are only funny if the rest of us know the context. Things found only in your own brain are not BTW...

Max

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just be careful, okay. These communists are lawless, he just has A famous forensic science disguise and I don’t want what happened with my Caddy happen with anybody else’s Caddy. Remember this is A President’s car.

What the hell are you talking about? Jokes are only funny if the rest of us know the context. Things found only in your own brain are not BTW...

Max
Remember this is A presidents car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts