Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,guys. I bought Cadillac yesterday and i,ve problem.I can't lock and unlock my Car with a key fob,and i Will programing this. When I Press vehlice information and i goes to "Press 'v' to relern remote key" it didn't work. When i'm Press set /restet button it nothing happen. Blink once and finish. I pulled out a BCM fuse and i put back and nothing.. Please help what i do now?

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
676 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

From the manual Page 351

1. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS V TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.
3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for about 15 seconds.
On vehicles with memory recall seats, the first transmitter learned will match driver 1 and the second will match driver 2. A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.
4. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it. 5. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK/OFF.

Check the batteries in the remote.

Your manual is Here in PDF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply ;) i was been in my Car now, and push the button set /reset and i hold 15 seconds, and nothing happen, blink once and that's it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks for reply ;) i was been in my Car now, and push the button set /reset and i hold 15 seconds, and nothing happen, blink once and that's it.
Hold lock and the unlock buttons on the remote at the same time for 15 seconds. #3 above

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
74 Posts
Do your tire pressures read on the dash like they should ? (The tire pressure monitoring system uses the same rf receiver as the keyless entry system)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tire pressure is not working. On the dash is message "Service tire monitor system" and ikon on this system is blink.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Tire pressure is not working. On the dash is message "Service tire monitor system" and ikon on this system is blink.
Check the fuse in the rear (left side)(second, row where the seat meets the carpet. Pull back the carpet to expose the fuse block) fuse block marked SW/RFA

It could be the BCM or the door lock receiver. I would get the codes read.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
74 Posts
Yup. Either the RCDLR (remote control door lock module) has gone bad, or power isn't getting to it. FYI the module is mounted to the inside of the big interior panel in the back on the passenger side. It's a little black box about 1in x 3in x 4in, and if necessary a replacement module can be had on ebay for like $25. If the fuse is good, that is the next thing to look at. If there's 12V at the red wire at the module, the module is the problem. If not, then a fuse or a wire someplace between that and the rear left fusebox is the issue.

I had the same exact problem on my 2007. A water intrusion issue (probably from the moonroof drain) had gotten the RCDLR wet repeatedly and ruined it. Replacement wasn't hard, no reprogramming or anything needed, and the tire pressure monitor system and remote lock/unlock and power rear hatch all worked perfectly as soon as I replaced the bad module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
penguinfree - do You have a Photo the module looks like? And Photo where is he mounted?... I found the fuse box, and First i'll go check the fuse and later check this module.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Could be

20803735 for options E26(AU5), EB26(EXC AU5,AU8) supersession 15857831; 15946938; 25808837; 25852909; 25896497
or
20803737 for options E(AU8)(EXPORT) supersession 25938218
or
20803736 for options EB(EXC AU5,AU8) supersession 25808836; 25856131; 25857326; 25896540

Post your VIN for best results. Your RPO is on the underside of the jack cover in the rear of the vehicle.

Or the part number could be on it.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
74 Posts
I would pull that storage tray out (it's held in by 2 or 3 hex head screws) and check to make sure there's 12 volts across the red and black wires at the plug for the module. Probably is, but can't hurt to check. You'll want to pull the module out anyway, and search ebay for the exact part number that's on it.
It is a little tricky to find all three screws, but they are all accessible from just the storage tray, and it's going to have to come out anyway to put the new part in. Might as well get to that now, to make sure you don't order the wrong replacement part.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
74 Posts
You're probably going to find the drain tube for that back passenger side corner of the moonroof has popped off, that's usually how the water got in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for help everyone :) Module in this storage was been disconnect. I connect And now programming key fob is working. Now i must find the drain of the moonroof. Thanks and sorry for my English :>

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
73 Posts
Could be

20803735 for options E26(AU5), EB26(EXC AU5,AU8) supersession 15857831; 15946938; 25808837; 25852909; 25896497
or
20803737 for options E(AU8)(EXPORT) supersession 25938218
or
20803736 for options EB(EXC AU5,AU8) supersession 25808836; 25856131; 25857326; 25896540

Post your VIN for best results. Your RPO is on the underside of the jack cover in the rear of the vehicle.

Or the part number could be on it.
What does RPO stand for? I noticed on my '07 that the place the jack is stored has water in it and the jack is rusty.
Barry

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
74 Posts
The RPO codes are aa bunch of three letter codes for each individual option the car was equipped with from the factory. The sticker listing all those codes should be on the bottom side of the lid on the jack compartment.

Btw that water in the jack compartment is another all-too-common sign that a roof drain has come apart. Hopefully it's just that, and not something related to the hatch seal, which can be a lot more difficult to really get to stop leaking.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
73 Posts
Thanks for this. I’ve been wondering which options this car has. In the manual it says ‘may have’ 😏
Where would I look for the drain tube you mention? Also, do you know where the park assist module is located?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
74 Posts
The roof drain is simple. Open the rear hatch and look in the top right corner on the vehicle, just outside of the seal surface. You'll see a rubber grommet with a hole 6-8mm in diameter. The interior trim pops off, and can be moved far enough to reach the tube that grommet is hooked to. Follow that tube forward (still reachable without any real disassembly) and you'll see the nipple from the roof drain, likely right next to (instead of 'connected to') the drain tube.

The park assist module, I don't know. Haven't had to go hunting for that on mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts