Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Englishtown, NJ today for what was "supposed" to be a CTS-V gathering. I figured I'd go and see for myself what your cars will actually do at the track. Unfortunately only one of you guys showed up and even he left pretty quick. I hung out and watched a few rounds of racing until I got tired and cold and headed for home. There WERE a ton of MOPARs there though and they were running pretty damn good. The stock HEMI-powered cars were the only ones I could mess with. They were running mid-14's. There were modified ones running all kinds of times, but the best one (for me) was the brand new 300 SRT-8. I only watched his first run and it was a 12.9 BONE STOCK guys! He even had the stock air filter in it. Here's a link to another thread in which I posted a picture of the car.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=491960&postcount=18
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Katshot said:
Was at Englishtown, NJ today for what was "supposed" to be a CTS-V gathering. I figured I'd go and see for myself what your cars will actually do at the track. Unfortunately only one of you guys showed up and even he left pretty quick. I hung out and watched a few rounds of racing until I got tired and cold and headed for home. There WERE a ton of MOPARs there though and they were running pretty damn good. The stock HEMI-powered cars were the only ones I could mess with. They were running mid-14's. There were modified ones running all kinds of times, but the best one (for me) was the brand new 300 SRT-8. I only watched his first run and it was a 12.9 BONE STOCK guys! He even had the stock air filter in it. Here's a link to another thread in which I posted a picture of the car.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=491960&postcount=18
yeah, but he got beat by the stock Charger SRT8, which ran 12.8.....:thepan:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SRT8/BMW said:
yeah, but he got beat by the stock Charger SRT8, which ran 12.8.....:thepan:
Ya know, I THOUGHT one of them ran a 12.8 but my son said they both did 12.9's. I figured it was just me and my memory again.....
Were you there? How many times did the SRT-8's run? Did you see the bike do the 7.60? Did you get the trap speed? (sorry for all the questions)
The 300 was at the front of his lane but I was getting cold and bored with the endless parade of Corvettes so I left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Katshot said:
Yeah it is. 150 Viewings and NO RESPONCES. Cat's got their tonques I guess.
No stock CTS-V has ever turned a 12.9? Seems to me I've seen written somewhere that some have. I believe even one of the magazines reported that they did. Speak up, guys.

Anyway, it's no big deal to mash the pedal and go with an automatic such as the SRT-8's are. Besides, I'll take my "V" anytime, no questions asked (for a host of reasons.) I don't drag race, but fix (or work around) the wheel hop and you're all set to drag your asses off if that's what you want to do. Me, I prefer the twisties and the occasional stop light launch which doesn't require smokey burn-outs. The "V" hasn't let me down yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
Katshot said:
Yeah it is. 150 Viewings and NO RESPONCES. Cat's got their tonques I guess.
Scanned slips?

Look first....we know some cars are faster than our Vs. We do not think the Vs are the fastest car on the streets. People are not responding because it has nothing to do with our V. It's like me saying a stock CLK 320 ran a 14 something...hey this is great for them but I personally don't care. :canttalk:

Second…The V should be faster than the SRT8 according to the rags…but it would be close and in most cases it will depend on the driver. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear a SRT guy bragging that he beat a V & vise versa. ;)

Third…Do I know if the SRT ran a 12.9…no. I have no idea if your memory was wrong like it was on the charger. Was it stock…well you said yes, but I don’t know if it was or not. :suspense:

Just too many unknowns and we don’t need to get bent outta shape on a car we care nothing about….ya know?

Now on to important things…when is the new V coming out? :bouncy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joey'sVee said:
Scanned slips?

Look first....we know some cars are faster than our Vs. We do not think the Vs are the fastest car on the streets. People are not responding because it has nothing to do with our V. It's like me saying a stock CLK 320 ran a 14 something...hey this is great for them but I personally don't care. :canttalk:

Second…The V should be faster than the SRT8 according to the rags…but it would be close and in most cases it will depend on the driver. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear a SRT guy bragging that he beat a V & vise versa. ;)

Third…Do I know if the SRT ran a 12.9…no. I have no idea if your memory was wrong like it was on the charger. Was it stock…well you said yes, but I don’t know if it was or not. :suspense:

Just too many unknowns and we don’t need to get bent outta shape on a car we care nothing about….ya know?

Now on to important things…when is the new V coming out? :bouncy:
Why am I not surprised you have nothing nice to say? :suspect:
Can you not be excited about anything but a 'V'? Gimme a break already, I would think that a true enthusiast would be excited about most any car accomplishing such a level of performance, especially since it's an American muscle car. How about a little American pride? A little good old excitement about the state of affairs in the American muscle car rennessance? No, instead you choose to take shots at the car and the guy bringing the information. Let's guess why I get into it with you guys from time to time. You act like children for Christ's sake. I don't own a Chrysler but I can be excited about the SRT-8 mainly because as long as an American OEM continues to build these kinds of cars, we ALL benefit. A little healthy rivalry is ALWAYS good for the industry. There's no reason to take it beyond that though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
Here is where I go for V related info, hence the reason the top of the thread says, "Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum Forum specifically for Cadillac CTS-V series discussions."

If I wanted to read about Mustangs, SRT 8s and Neons...I would read car enthusist magazines...which I do.

Personaly I'm glad they make a SRT-8...I really like that car as I do the new Z06. I love American muscle cars...I just don't care to read about it here in the V forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
6104696 said:
yet another SRT-8 troll thread. Must be the 100th. Go figure. E-thug, pass da popcorn for our peeps and me.
E-Thug in the hizzie!!

Katshot and Blackout are a father/son team? On, snap!!:histeric:

Da Thug is down for the SRT-8. You know how we do. Gimme some 23" DUBs with spinners, a Bentley grill, neon license plate brackets, and 10 video screens....the whip is off the hook!

Thank God we have Grand Master K and Lil' K to hook a brother up with this valuable 411. Go Katshot, go Katshot, its your birthday.:worship:

Once again, don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Booya!

E-thug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,007 Posts
Speaker for the Hemi sayeth:

"A bit more weight, but also a bit more power: equal. A slushbox, meaning no shift lag: at least equal, and maybe a point for the SRT8 depending on the driver in the V (translation: your grandmother can shift the Chrysler at least as well as you can shift the Cadillac). The ability to routinely hook up that power on launch: a point for the SRT8.

"Moral: take on the SRT8 in the twisties. If you take it on stock at the dragstrip you are a true warrior... so you must not cry if it leaves you in the 13's."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
If anything, the fact that the SRT8s are doing well (high 12's) at the track is old news, readable on the SRT8 forum and in magazines. Nice cars.

ew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
I just bought a new 300C for an employee - not an SRT granted, but park the cars next to each other and you'll see the difference. The V's details, jewel like facias and attention to design such as the way the interior portion of the doors pick up on the exterior metal creases, make it obvious it's on a higher level.

I waited for the Chargers to come out - looked at them and feel asleep (boring). Then I checked out my V....love it (except the damn clunk).

And don't forget, there is a price to be paid for exclusivity - The V is a clear cut above and you won't see 12 of'em in your neighborhood.
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
23 Participants
Blackout
Top