Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was driving on 70 toward Baltimore doing 70 MPH. Happened to check my 6 and noticed the front of an SRT 8, 2 car lengths behind me. I moved over to the center lane. The SRT pulled up next to me, and punched it. I downshifted into 4th, and stood on the whine pedal. Well, Maggie huffed and puffed and put 8 or so - car lengths on the SRT by the time I hit 110.

I backed it down to 70, the SRT slowly went by, no look, no wave.

Later loser :-} Don't mess with Maggie!

GT

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
I've yet to see a charger srt8.But i've had my way with a 300,there fast out of the hole.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love my V. I almost drove my Civic today, but the V wanted to go for a drive.

GT

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn, somehow I feel disappointed that you beat him with a Maggie.

Does it feel like cheating when you thrash a car that "should" be pretty even with you? :hmm: (Really, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm actually curious.)

Anyway, congrats. Part of me hopes he really thinks his mighty SRT-8 got crushed by a stock CTS-V. :thumbsup:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Geez, do you think he knows your V is blown? Probably not ... heck, now he's gonna look at ALL Vs and sulk away.:D

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Great kill!!

Are you sure about 8ish car lengths from 70-110 though? :lildevil:

·
Registered
339 Posts
DrivingAmericanNow said:

Does it feel like cheating when you thrash a car that "should" be pretty even with you? :hmm: (Really, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm actually curious.)
They should be pretty even if both were stock, no? I thought with a Maggie, it would be no contest...

·
Registered
261 Posts
kjr39 said:
They should be pretty even if both were stock, no? I thought with a Maggie, it would be no contest...
Exactly yes. I think you misunderstood what I meant. When I said "should", I meant that the SRT-8 driver was probably assuming it "should" be a close race. :eek:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DrivingAmericanNow said:

Anyway, congrats. Part of me hopes he really thinks his mighty SRT-8 got crushed by a stock CTS-V. :thumbsup:
He picked on me. I was not looking to pick on anyone. Ya just never know what's under the hood.:shhh: Don't judge a book by its cover, etc.

GT

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Luna. said:
Great kill!!

Are you sure about 8ish car lengths from 70-110 though? :lildevil:
Yep, it was fun watching him drop behind. He let off the gas first, then I slowed. You know he's gotta be wondering, was was under the hood of the Vadillac.:rolleyes:

Ya know, my speedo was winding up so fast, I might have been going faster. :-}

GT

·
Registered
261 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
He picked on me. I was not looking to pick on anyone. Ya just never know what's under the hood.:shhh: Don't judge a book by its cover, etc.

GT
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree you should have crushed him, and you did :thumbsup:. Don't you feel just a tadd guilty though? Ah heck, I don't know, too much time in Catholic school. I'm obsessed with guilt. :alchi:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
DrivingAmericanNow said:
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree you should have crushed him, and you did :thumbsup:. Don't you feel just a tadd guilty though? Ah heck, I don't know, too much time in Catholic school. I'm obsessed with guilt. :alchi:
I sure wouldn't (& don't) feel guilty. :lildevil:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts