Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Service Ride Control light has been on around a month or so.. Haven't been using the truck all that much and it's been on the back burner of my things to do list. In roughly two weeks we are taking the Escalade down to Palm Springs (bout 7-10 hour drive). We've taken this trip the last 7 years, just some time for the family to get away and have a nice time out of the house. I've always checked the Escalade and made sure everything was ready for our trip. This year, the budget is tighter and I need to replace the shocks (hence the Service Ride Control light).. I'm just not going to be able to replace the shocks in time for the trip, maybe in a few months (hopefully if nothing else comes up, but if it isn't one thing it's another..) How much and what kind of damage is this going to due to the Escalade. Thanks for any light on the subject.

Jay

·
Registered
Escalade ext, xlr
56 Posts
I drove my Allante 90000 miles with the sec light on till I figured out how to turn the light off. I drove it 100000 more miles till I replaced the struts. I didn't notice any difference then and I wished I didn't spend the thousand bucks then. As long as your compressor isn't running I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the tires are going to wear much faster.. but this doesn't do any damage to the other suspension components? I figure that this would stress some other things a little, just not sure what though.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears I can get the front and rear shocks to replace my current ones with no modifications, and retain my autoride feature. Total comes out to roughly $636.64 which I could possibly swing if these parts will truly plug and play as stated. I'm going to post the links and if anyone with knowledge of these parts could either confirm or deny they would fit problem free that would be appreciated. I'm working on a tight schedule.. Leaving in roughly 2 weeks, so I need to make a decision most likely by Monday. Would like to hear some pros-cons before getting my feet wet. Once again thanks for your insight.

rear shocks
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004DZ159S...e=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004DZ159S

front shocks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ories&fits=Model:Escalade&hash=item2eb3f399ec

(basically just look over the items and tell me what you think) 2006 Escalade AWD 6.0 bout 80,000 miles

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
Those are not the correct ones for the front. The ones you are showing is for +07.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.. I'm glad someone caught that, honestly I missed that. The front shocks are a little more scarce. Hopefully I can still find both the front shocks for the 02-06 for no more than $300 for the pair.

One more thing... Is this a DIY job?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was way off.. and so was dream of budgeting this repair between 6-7 hundred dollars. Thing is I am going to keep the electronic suspension when I replace the shocks, not convert to air/autoride whatever that is. a vendor cut the price in half for me which roughly came up to 1600 hundred (which is actually a really good deal), but that's still over my budget right now. After going over my options.. Arnotts remanufactured shocks, the rears are going for $429.00. I can't find the front shocks though. Now my new problem is finding a set for the front. Anyone know where I can locate a set of Arnotts remanufactured shocks for the front?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah it's cool.. I should they actually fit, but the fine print does say they are not compatible with the electronic system. They are for the customers that are converting to the air ride system. I want to keep the electronic suspension. I'm just trying to locate a set for the front and price them so I can see if I can make this happen before next Tuesday. After reading a post by Thumper about replace one shock.. I kind of think I should replace all four versus one replacing the rear. I know it's been 80,000 miles and it's about time for maintenance. Welp... need to run some errands. SIGH

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1,042 Posts
Those work for the rear on the 2002 thru 2011 without magnetic ride control which you wouldn't have. But the are the bypass, not the direct replacement! I used them on my 2002 and they are fine...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been doing some homework and have seen that some members have experienced trouble ordering from Arnott's (thread searching). I'm going to give them a call in the morning and talk to someone about their stock and customer service. I will also be contacting a few others Rockautoparts, myautopartswholesale, just to name a couple. Seems like the front electronic shocks for the year 02-06 are just as much if not more than the cost to replace the rear. I have a harder time finding companies who have them in stock. I'll make another post this evening to keep you guys updated on the progress..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yessir, you did that. I can't afford to get the ones you quoted me for, even with your discount. I want to change all four and me and the family are taking the Escalade on a trip next week. Can't afford to spend too much, but I'm trying to take care of what I can (Can't have the family out of town with no money.. just ain't right). Ever since I've gotten your quote I've been searching high and low, besides buying them remanufactured your qoute is about spot on with the other prices.

I contacted Arnott this morning and they have the rear pair for 379. and the front for another 379. with 50 shipping for the pair... and I could get fifty back should I return my rear shocks once removed. Only thing about that is what I've read from other customers about ARNOTTS customer service. I'm on the fence, but I don't think I can get all four at 808.00 (shipped) total anywhere. If I could get the front pair cheaper, or even the rears.. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I do have a few other parts I will need in the future for my DTS and when I get some money together and I'm ready (can afford) to start tinkering, I'll be in contact. Thanks for looking out.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Push to shove.. Ended up just ordering the Rear OEM remanufactured shocks, with the 3 day delivery. Just have to take care of the front sometime after our vacation.. I'll follow up with this once I get them installed, then some additional information on how they handle on the way up (I'll make some posts in the down time of down time..lol weird). We'll see what happens though. (forgot to input code for discount $43.00.. that sucks)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Late Tuesday evening we placed an order to Arnott's for the rear oem remanufactured shocks. They let us cancel the order and make a new order with the express shipping (3 days) and a coupon. However, it's now Friday night and I don't have my shocks.. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow. sheet! Guess I can't call and see about getting some money back on the 3-day shipping, they're closed on Saturdays. SIGH

1 - 20 of 29 Posts