Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I can remember a while back on my 94 DeVille the 'Service Ride Control' message came up intermittantly for a few weeks, then went away halfway through the winter. It has never resurfaced to this day, but I am curious - has the code just been stored in memory or was I just seeing instrumentation?

·
Registered
Seville STS
108 Posts
2dfx said:
Hello,

I can remember a while back on my 94 DeVille the 'Service Ride Control' message came up intermittantly for a few weeks, then went away halfway through the winter. It has never resurfaced to this day, but I am curious - has the code just been stored in memory or was I just seeing instrumentation?
My guess would be that it is stored in memory. Computer's go through processes (thus the term computer processer) in order to perform functions (unlike humans errrrr guys, who just wing it) so I would be willing to bet its stored somewhere. Maybe your car just corrected itself and thus the light message went away. I'm no GM technician by far so I'm not sure how much learning ability the computer in your model car had, but they seem to be hella smart now, so thats my guess...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts