Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black '07 CTS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for all the posts today, but it's finally getting nice out and I want to get the black beauty is good shape for spring. I brought my '07 CTS into the dealer in December right before my warranty expired because my breaks were squeeking sometimes. I would mostly notice it in the morning when on my way to work. But sometimes (and not always) just randomly they would squeal. The dealership said that was normal with ceramic breaks?? The breaks were/are fairly new. I never heard that it was normal for breaks to squeel. And it's not a loud piercing noise like some breaks, but you can definitely hear it inside the car. Thats the only dealership up here in Green Bay, so I was just wondering what you guys though about that? Is that in fact normal and I should expect it to squeel every once and a while?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
04' CTS 3.6L
163 Posts
I have been dealing with squeaky breaks on my car for over a year now. I replaced them myself and ever since then i can not get them to stop squeaking and squealing. It drives me nuts and i would not call this a normal thing. I have ceramic breaks on mine as well and i cant imagine people would upgrade to them if they knew it was normal for them to squeak. I am taking mine to the dealer once I get a little extra cash. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
We install ceramic pads all the time and they make noise less than 5% of the time... (okay i don't really know the percentage, but it is rarely)

that leads me to believe it is either due to installation issues that causes the squeaks or some other issue like rotors, calipers, or hardware/clips/springs

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Either way, sounds like the dealership is trying to dodge having to fix anything. Take it back and let them know its not normal and they need to regrease some caliper pins, grease up the pads, and do ALL THAT. lol

·
Registered
Black '07 CTS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Yeah It's def. not normal and that dealership has been giving me the run around and didn't want to fix the warranty issues even tho it was still under the bumper to bumper warranty. I guess I'll have to drive 30 miles south to the other Caddy dealer (But it's the same dealership)...Maybe ill just bring it to this guy i know. Sucks that the car business is so shady all the way around and it's tough to find an honest mechanic and sales people. If you do good work and are honest with me even if your price is a little higher i'll be loyal and keep brining it back to the same person. Let me know what you find out with your brakes!

I have been dealing with squeaky breaks on my car for over a year now. I replaced them myself and ever since then i can not get them to stop squeaking and squealing. It drives me nuts and i would not call this a normal thing. I have ceramic breaks on mine as well and i cant imagine people would upgrade to them if they knew it was normal for them to squeak. I am taking mine to the dealer once I get a little extra cash. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Call up Corporate HQ and see whats up with them not covering your issue considering you are under warranty still.

·
Registered
Black '07 CTS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, thats the only thing. I should have took more action then, cuz my warranty expired back in December. I took it in a week before the fricken warranty expired, so I'm guess they said that it's normal then are hoping i bring it back to them later and have to pay to get it fixed. Oh and also they wanted to charge me $20 because they "couldn't find anything wrong with the brakes but still did an inspection." So I told them to eff off and they said "they'll take care of it." Next time I brought it in for a recall, they said I had an outstanding balance and wanted me to still pay it. I told them there is no way I'm paying it, even if it was only $20. Plus in the first place, they didn't even want to cover any warranty repars cuz I didn't purchase the car there. I bought it from some dealer about an 2 hours away...I guess as i'm writing this the more ticked off at them I am and should really do something about it.

Call up Corporate HQ and see whats up with them not covering your issue considering you are under warranty still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts