Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after autocrossing this weekend my car ( the cts with baer brake system and eibach springs and sway bars)
has developed a squeeking when going over bumps...sound almost like a worn out bed mattress during a passionate love making session....what could it be!!! My friend and i went to investigate and are sure the sound is coming from the front, he believes it to be tubes rubbing while i think its a suspension problem....any ideas?

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
bushings?

That's usually the first thing to go, and it doesn't affect performance that much. Bounce the front bumpers and see if you can duplicate the sound from a standstill.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
yeah i can, but bushings after 21,000 miles???
Don't flame me for owning a Ford, but I had an '88 mustang once and they went out before 15,000. This is a guess, but on tighter suspensions they probably go faster. If you were autox'ing, that might have had something to do with it. Maybe something's just loose?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm assuming the Eibach swaybars came with urathane bushings and its very likely thats where the new squeak is coming from. Apply some lithium grease to the bushings where they wrap around the swaybar.

·
Registered
74 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Ok so after autocrossing this weekend my car ( the cts with baer brake system and eibach springs and sway bars)
has developed a squeeking when going over bumps...sound almost like a worn out bed mattress during a passionate love making session....what could it be!!! My friend and i went to investigate and are sure the sound is coming from the front, he believes it to be tubes rubbing while i think its a suspension problem....any ideas?
Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

After I lowered my IS 300 it developed a squeak just like you're describing (I thought it was a bent shock), as well as a "sproing" sound from a standing start if you jumped on it. Lubing the coil spring perches fixed both problems (be sure to use a lubricant that won't attack rubber if your perches have rubber cups in them!!!)

(BTW, I just emailed you about your suspension just prior to coming here...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having problems with my brakes. They are really low, how can i get them fixed so the won't be that low? What can i do? Do I have to take it to the dealer and get them fixed or can i take them to a shop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same noise with my 03' CTS when I would ride the brake. Turns out after 5 times back to the dealer they finally fixed it. It was the suspension arms. They had to replace both of them, and now the squeek is gone. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
JimmyFisheye